IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Huge & sluggish new Interface?

When I first ran GB Beta 2, the first impression was that the software was huge and looks sluggish. I would prefer the older GB interface. Looks smaller - faster and gives the impression it is quick. Plus the black background and red text which kinda make viewing GB Beta 2 more harder.

I stopped using GB 2 and went back to GB 1.5.1. :-o

Disagreement

Sorry, but I don't agree with you... :shock: GB2 seems to me, on the contrary, more "powerful" and modern than ever. :grin: The old version seemed, in my opinion, ugly and simplistic. It's a matter of tastes, but it's true that the new interface could be a little more "clean" or smaller. Nevertheless, good work IOBit; I love GB2 and I expect the second beta version with impatience! :wink:

Cheers!

Ludor

The old version had a footprint 1/2 the size of the new beta. The main purpose of Gamebooster is to reduce resources. I think they added too much to Gamebooster 2 changing it from a utility to solely reduce resources to a frontend multi purpose tool. They lost some focus IMO.

GB2 Beta actually uses less footprint compare to GB1

GB2 in tray only uses around 288K, where as GB1 tray uses twice as much.

Cheers.

Maybe this will help?

No worry about the resources GBv2 will eat. IObit engineers are smart and clever boys/girls :)

The program minimized to system tray, after switching to Game Mode, is a different one, which eats only very very little resource, with the main interface you see. That is, the main program you see here will eat some resource, but when you switch to Game Mode, the main program will kill itself and a very-mini system-tray program will come out waiting for your switching back to Normal Mode.

Hope my explain answer your questions. Thanks.

Posted on: May 24, 2010

Link: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=45480#post45480 (near bottom of page)

Archived