IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

suggestion: run as screen saver

running at fixed intervals and in the background are good features, but for laptop usage neither is optimal. Having an option to run the defrag as a screen saver could be useful. The screen saver only runs when the computer is truly idle. Running a full scan will cause the (noisy) fan to run as well, but most laptops are configured to run the screen saver only a limited time before the screen is shut down. Also, the screen saver runs often enough to keep the disk fairly tidy even if it runs too short to support a full scan every time.

MSI installer

I agree, running as a screen saver is ideal though I also like the smart defrag to speed up your most used files on the go.

I would also like to suggest being able to install through an MSI so that I could push it out from the server to all of the machines in a network as I support a few different schools, instead of having to install it on each machine (probably talking a few hundred in total!). Of course I won't try that until I am 100% certain it is stable, though it is working fine for me. It would also be nice to have command line switches for the MSI so that it can be setup for scheduled defrags (or screen saver defrag ;-) ) at the time of installation.

I know this is probably a lot of work but I think it is worth it (because I'm not the one that's got to do it!). I think it's a great product and would like to use it on a number of sites.

Alwyn

• 3 weeks later...

I registered for the forums just to reply to this message. This isn't just a good idea for laptops. It's a great idea for anyone who needs to keep their computer memory as lean and available as possible at all times.

I work online and I need to keep the number of apps running in the background to a bare minimum. (Having Vista makes that task difficult at best.) Having a defrag that came up when the screen-saver activated and shuts down on a movement cue would be just the ticket for me.

Archived