IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Some observations I have made!

oneeyejack

I'm no expert !

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

A spammer is someone who performs the following:

"To indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages, especially commercial advertising in mass quantities. Noun: electronic 'junk mail'."

I'm no expert on this by any means. I have seen this on other sites, but they are normally warned before they are banned. I see people that show banned here and they have not posted. I can understand how this could disrupt a website and it's none of my business but I have observered other sites where a whole bunch of members join together to take care of spammers. Seems to work well for them. The spammers are turned in to a panel and then it is decided how to handle them. Anyone can report who they think is a spammer. Might give someone a little relief here. I read itsmejjj's theory to ban all members that do not start a topic or reply, I don't think that's a good idea. I see no harm if they are registered and do not post. I hope that's not happening here. For give my ignorance, but how do you know a spammer that has not posted his spam??:roll::roll:

Hi Jack,

You worry too much :razz:

Those "Banned" accounts that you see with 0 posts are not people... but spambots capable of registering accounts on forums. How can you tell ? Easy, just Google the username and look at what you find.

Many of them register accounts and set their birthday to the following day, born in 1981, so that's why you see a lot of 29 y/o spambots getting banned, heheh.

People hardly ever spam on forums anymore ; it's all automated crap, and they can get around some of the road blocks on many of the forum softwares.

Have a look at this topic :

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=7922

===

oh its fun

Hi Jack,

i use this forum because

a it is friendly

b iobit make great tools

c i like playing around and testing with the beta apps

d they're good at sorting out virus/malware problems

e at the moment dont get too many idiots

f the administrators are fair, you DO get warned of rule breaking

enjoy the forum

Roy

Thanks So sad and Scrd01

Hello So sad and scrd01

Thank you both for your reply's to my topic. I haven't been here long enough to make a lot of speculations, or know how fair the administrators are. I wasn't impressed with my initial contact here on the site, but have learned that I replied to a topic not readily excepted on this site. I have asked for it to be locked if it is not excepted and I will not reply to it again. I think the site is wrong about Tor , but I will obey the rules.

I see what your saying So sad, but where is the harm if they don't post spam here; and only register their birth day.

I have seen the USA kill innocent people in these stupid wars and that only makes more terrorists. Does maybe being so strict with what you are calling spammers only breed more spammers.

I have just for a short time observed the topics posted here, 90% are about game booster. A very good draw for young people that cause 95 % of the problems on sites like this.

I'm no expert on these things and I'm only commenting and expressing the way I view all this.

I saw where nearly 2500 spammers where banned in 10 days. My God that's a lot of spammers :smile: I don't have an answer and it's a sad situation.

I will not worry about this and hope it will go away, but I have my doubts about that. Any way I thank you both for your reply's to my topic.

Archived