IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is "Game Box"?

Hi masterblaster,

Just for a check, can you please copy a short cut, of say SpiderSolitaire, to Desktop first and then drag and drop it to the Game Box small window.

The shortcut of SpiderSolitaire will be gone from Desktop into the Game Box

After minimizing Game Booster to system tray, see what happens when you click on the shortcut in the Game Box.

This should start the Gaming Mode, then start SpiderSolitaire game.

Cheers.

Hi masterblaster,

Just for a check, can you please copy a short cut, of say SpiderSolitaire, to Desktop first and then drag and drop it to the Game Box small window.

The shortcut of SpiderSolitaire will be gone from Desktop into the Game Box

After minimizing Game Booster to system tray, see what happens when you click on the shortcut in the Game Box.

This should start the Gaming Mode, then start SpiderSolitaire game.

Cheers.

This works with regular game shortcuts but not with Steam shortcuts. Also dragging the regular .exe file of any game to the game box will create a shortcut as well.

Ok, I understand now.

I created a L4D2 shortcut in my Left4dead2 directory (Steam Game). No dice. Won't add.

I created another shortcut on my desktop also to L4D2.

It added and runs fine.

This is really cool.

So, AXIS, you can run Steam Games.

If you use the L4D2 shortcut the game installs, it looks like this "steam://rungameid/550"

If you create a shortcut directly to the L4D2exe, it looks like this ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2.exe"

The second one works, the first doesn't.

Added:

OK, now that I understand this.....

Why not just add a tab in Gamebooster2 that says "Game Shortcuts". You drag and drop game shortcuts to this windows with in Gamebooster2 rather than to the separate gamebox window. When you click on the shortcut, the red slider mover to the right, game mode begins and the game starts.

This way everything is run from Gamebooster reathe than 2 different programs.

Seems more intuitive to me.

Archived