IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Virus

Headhusher

Welcome to the forum, Headhusher :smile:

A few questions, if you don't mind :

- Why did you mention "virus" in the topic title ?

- Do you have any idea where this "virus" may have come from ? (something you downloaded, a link clicked, etc...).

- What did Windows try to "fix", exactly ?

- Which operating system do you have ?

Once I get a clearer picture of the situation, we can get started.

Thanks.

===

Thanks for responding. I assume it is a virus as we have a similar one at work. I have no idea where this virus came from. The computer was working the night before. It is possible I clicked on a link and got hit with a virus. When I went to restart the next day the computer could not restart. A message from Windows came up saying there was a problem. Windows security tried to find the error. I can go back to the last known good configuration but I want to make sure some files do not disappear. The operating system is Windows Vistam 64 bit with SP1.

While I know how to use a computer I am a bit of a novice when it comes to repairing. IOBit has been great until this problem occurred. I work in a library and we have 2 computers that have similar problems. Our technician is coming out to fix those. He will most likely wipe the computer. I couuld do that too but I have a few files I want to save. I do realize I should have backed them up but I didn't.

Any assistance you could give will be most appreciated.

Archived