IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Missing background applications

OLLI_S

Hello,

I downloaded and tested Game Booster.

Nice little application.

After activating the game mode and looking in the windows process list (via Process Explorer) I discovered that some applications should also be closed.

So I selected to customize the game mode.

Here is a list of applications that are not found in the list "background applications" or "3rd Party services" although they are running and wasting memory:

• Mouse Extender (a launcher tool, pops up when you press the middle mouse button, very awful in games if you forget to deactivate)
    Process(es): MouseExtender.exe (58 MB RAM)
  • Mail Washer Pro (a spam filter that checks your POP or IMAP accounts)
    Process(es): MailWasherPro.exe (88 MB RAM) and child process MailWasherProApp.exe (19 MB)
  • Password Depot (keeps all my passwords)
    Process(es): PasswordDepot.exe (36 MB RAM)

All those processes use in total 201 MB of RAM.

200 MB is a lost and more that is saved now.

Is there a way to close those applications automatically in the gaming mode (to add those applications in the in the list "background applications")?

Thank you for your answer.

Greetings

OLLI

Hello enoskype,

thank you for your answer.

Meantime I discovered that I just need to go to the "Main" section and "Customize" the boost.

I click two times on "Next" until the page "background applications" is shown.

If I click here on "Show current user's all processes" then I get also those processes shown and can check them.

So my question is solved.

Thank you!

Greetings

OLLI

Archived