IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gamebooster "slows" your computer?

Leafbranch

Hello there, I'm a very big fan of GameBooster

and I have used it for almost 15 months.

So i got a little question about the effects of Gamebooster in the long run. ;-)

When the recent update became available I instantly downloaded it and later suggested a friend of mine

(Who has also used the program) to do the same. He then tells me that he doesn't use Gamebooster anymore

because it slows your computer in the long run, he based this information on some friend of his who works with IT. :roll:

Now I'd like to ask you, Could Game Booster affect your computer in a negative way after lengthy use?

Thanks on before hand, I just wanted to check with the people who actually knows what they are talking about. :-P

Hi Leafbranch,

As far as I can see, there is not a possibility for that.

In short summary, Game Booster stops some services and closes some applications, and that's it. The rest is upto the user and I can't see how it can slow down the PC in time.

It is beyond my knowledge of computing. :mrgreen:

The former one was not doing that and the new one is doing that??? :-P Or both???

I will be very interested to know the scientific reason behind that logic of the IT personnel.

I hope they will not come with a reason that the new one is using more resources. :twisted:

Cheers.

Hehe, that's what I though. :-P

I somewhat know the mechanics of Gamebooster and

though it sounded fishy when my friend first mentioned that it slows the computer down

when all it does is close unnecessary applications/services etc.

I like to question things and be sure that I get the correct information before I believe something,

and this was such a case. ;)

As for the IT guy, I personally don't know him. But when you have a friend that's working with IT

you normally don't question what he says about computers.

And i guess that's what my bud thinks too. 8-)

Thanks for your answer. It cleared things up. :mrgreen:

Cheers /Leafbranch

Archived