IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Switching off AV

Squee

Until a few updates ago, Game Booster has always turned off Avira's Antivir. It hasn't done that in a while. Is it possible to add it in an update, or can anyone tell me which process I should add to the ini file manually?

Turning off antivirus can cause a large performance boost for some games that load a lot. I understand that security risks ;)

OK Squee,

Use it with your own risk then.

In the last updates, IObit added a White List for A/V and security applications for security reasons.

You have to delete the name of that specific application from WhiteList.ini file.

The file is at :

For Vista and 7,

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster

For XP,

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IObit\Game Booster

You have to show your hidden files in Folder Options to see that file.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:

Yes, of course at my own risk. Haven't had a virus since Win95 and not planning on starting to break that streak now :D

I finally managed. First remove from whitelist.ini, add to services in gamebooster.ini and for avira's antivir I also had to remove a protection within antivir as it had its own built-in protection against turning off the services.

Thanks again, may it help others that understand the risks...

Archived