IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Strange display issue in Game Booster [SOLVED]

Hello everyone,

I've updated today Game Booster on my computer to the latest version (2.1) and I have a really weird display issue.

As you can see on the following picture (http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9246/gamebooster.png), most of the text in Game Booster window has been replaced by some white squares, making it impossible to use this application.

Here are the methods I've tried so far to solve my problem :

- Doing a clean install

- Switching language files

I assume this problem is caused by some missing fonts or some characters my system doesn't want/can't display properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Hi heffebaycay,

This happens when you use a language in the program and your Windows OS does not have the characters of that language installed in your system.

What language is your Windows OS installed?

If it is installed in English, try renaming Language Folder in the main Game Booster folder before you start Game Booster and see if Game Booster GUI is in English?

Although you said that you have tried clean install, I would recommend to follow the procedure in Over the top/Clean install post.

Cheers.

Hi heffebaycay,

This happens when you use a language in the program and your Windows OS does not have the characters of that language installed in your system.

What language is your Windows OS installed?

XP SP3, French version.

If it is installed in English, try renaming Language Folder in the main Game Booster folder before you start Game Booster and see if Game Booster GUI is in English?

That did the trick : with that I was able to locate the 'Language' dropdown menu and finally switch Game Booster interface back to English after renaming back the 'Language' folder !

From what it seems, Game Booster set its default language on my computer as SChinese... no clue why.

Thanks for your help !

Hi again heffebaycay,

Thank you for the feedback.

It is nice to hear that your glitch is solved.:grin:

Starting Game Booster with Chinese default language on a French Windows OS with the expectation of English GUI? 8:)

This experience is unavailable for me to repeat! :-P :lol::lol:

Cheers.

Archived