IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

2 problems

Yosua

Hi,

I just installed ASC 4 Beta and I am very satisfied with it. At least ASC 4 Beta respects my default browser which is Firefox when I click on a link within ASC 4 Beta. (ASC 3.7.0 Pro always opens with Internet Explorer and the downloads doesn't work).

I only experience 2 minor problems with ASC 4 Beta:

1 - Each time I open ASC 4, it says that the same "Advanced SystemCare Beta Update" of 3.92 MB is available. Even after downloading that update, when I click the "check for update link", the same update is still available. Rebooting the computer doesn't help.

2 - Once I have installed ASC 4 Beta, all most recent programs in the start menu are erased from the list (except Firefox, Thunderbird and 2 other programs that were above the separation line that has also disappeared), and Windows doesn't again record on the list any program that I open (there are only a blank space left bellow these 4 programs. Unchecking all 4 cases in "Windows" in the privacy sweep and automatic sweep doesn't help.

Windows XP Pro (32) SP3

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 GHz

3.00 Ghz, 3.25 GB of RAM

Hi,

I just installed ASC 4 Beta and I am very satisfied with it. At least ASC 4 Beta respects my default browser which is Firefox when I click on a link within ASC 4 Beta. (ASC 3.7.0 Pro always opens with Internet Explorer and the downloads doesn't work).

I only experience 2 minor problems with ASC 4 Beta:

1 - Each time I open ASC 4, it says that the same "Advanced SystemCare Beta Update" of 3.92 MB is available. Even after downloading that update, when I click the "check for update link", the same update is still available. Rebooting the computer doesn't help.

2 - Once I have installed ASC 4 Beta, all most recent programs in the start menu are erased from the list (except Firefox, Thunderbird and 2 other programs that were above the separation line that has also disappeared), and Windows doesn't again record on the list any program that I open (there are only a blank space left bellow these 4 programs. Unchecking all 4 cases in "Windows" in the privacy sweep and automatic sweep doesn't help.

Windows XP Pro (32) SP3

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 GHz

3.00 Ghz, 3.25 GB of RAM

Dear Yosua,

Welcom and thank you very much for your relpy.

For your first question, it is a bug in Window XP. We will fix it in next version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Second one, please try to not select the "User Assist History'' option in ''Junk File Clean'' Settings.

Cheers.

Problem in the Windows Start menu

Thank you. The 1st problem is resolved (close the main menu before update).

For the 2nd problem:

I did not select the "User Assist History'' option in ''Junk File Clean'' Settings.

Howewer I found that the problem comes from the "System Optimization" in the "Deep care". When I unselect the "System Optimization", there are no problem, but when I let the "Deep care" do the "System Optimization", at the next reboot, the most used programs are not more listed in the Windows Start Menu.

2 pictures of the results of the "System Optimization" scan are attached. Thank you.

Culprit found!

Hi,

I tried each item one by one after creating a restore point and found the culprit in System Configuration:

"Disable Last Access for NTFS and speed up disk access" Current Value: N/A, Recommended: 1.

In fact this item is listed twice but only the second one, the last item on the list, causes trouble...

Archived