IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Steam Sent Me Here...

Slipperyjim8

So after a week of steam(valve)'s tech support they narrowed it down to my free version of advanced system care 3.

They referred me to a post.

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=51480&postcount=36

When i try to attempt step 3 in the 'guide' I simply get the error.

"you need permission to perform this action"

Can I get help here? or should i goto Microsoft.

----------

When i tried to change the files security to allow me full control, it comes up with a whole ton of, this file wont let you, this file wont let you, etc...

It's probably because the process you're using to move Remove.exe doesn't have permissions to move the file to the folder. You have to set Full control,Read+Write+Modify+Read&Execute on the folder for whatever group the process is running under, like Administrators,Users,Everyone(exact names).

List of groups that have above mentioned permissions via "Special" permissions by default in program files and program files(x86) in win7 and vista:

CREATOR OWNER
SYSTEM
Administrators
TrustedInstaller

Here is a list of all processes that could have a handle on the folder preventing deletion too. This is only for 3.7.3. Networkmon isn't in that version. Check Task Manager>Processes. I don't think ASC has any services. DLL and BPL(like DLL) are only used by these EXEs, everything else is inactive resources there.

//3.7.3 EXE+DLL list
AutoCare.exe
AutoSweep.exe
AWC.exe
AWCInit.exe
chkdskback.exe
ContextMenu.exe
DiskMap.dll
ESR.exe
FFSweep.dll
FileSweep.dll
IObitUpdate.exe
NtfsData.dll
Registration.exe
Routine.dll
sqlite3.dll
STFix.dll
Sup_DiskCleaner.exe
Sup_DiskDoctor.exe
Sup_FileShredder.exe
Sup_GameBooster.exe
Sup_InternetBooster.exe
Sup_IS360.exe
Sup_ISD.exe
Sup_RegistryDefrag.exe
Sup_ShortcutsFixer.exe
Sup_SmartRAM.exe
Sus_DriverBackUp.exe
Sus_PIeHelp.exe
Sus_SystemBackup.exe
Sus_SystemFileScan.exe
Sut_AutoShutDown.exe
Sut_ClonedFilesFinder.exe
Sut_ContextManager.exe
Sut_DiskExplorer.exe
Sut_RestoreCenter.exe
Sut_SoftUninstal.exe
Sut_StartUpManager.exe
Sut_SysInfo.exe
Sut_WinManager.exe
TurboBoost.exe
unins000.exe
Wizard.exe

NOTE:Make sure you right-click Remove.exe and under "Compatibility" tab click "Change settings for all users" and check Run as Administrator from there. Also make sure Networkmon isn't running in the task bar.

Archived