IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 2 (Beta 2.0) - Bug Reports

hey, I've been a long time fan of Iobit products and am more than willing to try out the latest and greatest software and betas. I am new to the forums, but that is only because I have just started experiencing a couple of bugs.

#1 - I think this has already been mentioned on this forum, but when I'm doing a Full-Optimize defrag, the amount of fragmented objects increases and decreases then increases again quite often.

#2 - I've also noticed that this particular beta won't startup automatically when I boot my computer. I have also just recently installed Iobit Malware Fighter, so I am unsure if it's that program conflicting with Iobit Smart Defrag, or if it actually has to do with this particular version of Smart Defrag 2 (beta 2.0). I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the program and check to see if "Load automatically at Windows startup" is checked in the option area. The only thing that is odd is that it isn't checked in my "msconfig" area on my computer..? There used to be an option available there, but their isn't anymore, so I can't check or uncheck anything there because there is no entry for Smart Defrag.

Side Note: I understand that sometimes Iobit Smart Defrag (in general) won't show up as an icon near the startup menu area (by the clock), so I checked my Task Manager to see if the program was running in the background of my computer (which I want), but it wasn't running at all until I actually opened up Smart Defrag from a shortcut, then a process immediately started up in the Task Manager.

Here are some basic specs on my computer if anyone has any ideas:

Windows 7 (64-bit)

XFX GeForce 285 GTX

Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz (Q6600) Processor

4GB DDR2 RAM

500GB Hard Drive - 7200 RPM

Virus and Iobit programs I want installed and running at startup are:

Iobit Malware Fighter (beta 1.1 or current version)

Iobit Smart Defrag 2 (beta 2.0 or current version)

avast! Free Antivirus

Thanks

Archived