IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

UAC, user names and passwords. [SOLVED]

john3347

Is there a way to prevent AWC from changing Administrator selections when AWC scans? If I did not want certain user names and passwords to remain "sticky" I would not have made the selection to save those names and passwords. When I go through the click, click, click procedure to disable UAC. I want UAC disabled. I don't want AWC to override my decision to disable the worthless trash. How can I do this?

????????

I am totally lost here. When I click Options=Settings=Ignore List, I am presented three tabs; Registry Scan, System Analysis, and

Startup Scan. All three of those boxes are empty. What am I supposed to do then? I find no optimize security settings or system configuration, or enableLUA,0,1. What am I missing here? I learned, before Vista came along, to just uncheck "privacy sweep" and my user names would stick, but this UAC issue is totally unacceptable unless there is a reasonably simple way to disable AWC's overriding the computer owner's choices.

It is certainly frustrating that you write a program to override a selection that users make that is different from default. It is obvious that the user did not want the default settings or they would not have changed them.

john3347,

If you have looked to the thread that I pointed out above in post #2, you should have seen a jpg image of AWC in post #7.

When you open it and zoom, you will see that on the right of the System Optimization after scan, there will be 1 problem found. (or more)

Under that, it says Show details...

When you click on Show details..., System Optimization window will be opened and you will see what is described below, which is the post that I have given the link in post #2 of this thread above.

Note: "System Optimization" was "System Analysis" in older versions of AWC.

tex83rb,

After scan, click "Show details" on the right of "System Analysis".

In System Analysis window you will see "System Configuration" on the left.

On the right, right click on "Optimize Security Setings" (EnableLUA, 0, 1).

Click on the "Add to Ignore List" on the menu.

Click OK.

AWC will not turn on UAC after scan, unless you take the above one out from the Ignore List.

By the way, I am not from IObit and I did not write that program.!!!

I am here trying to help to users if I can.

If you want something to be changed in the program, you can write to IObit or communicate with Tim Xue.

Have a nice day.

My apologies to you enoskype

I am sorry for my ugly attitude in my posts. I really did not think about the fact that you are just a user here trying to help us that are having difficulties. I sincerely apologize to you. I finally did find where you were trying to direct me and did add enableLUA to the ignore list. I thank you so much for your patience with me in the midst of my impatience. I must control myself better. Hopefully you can realize, too, that I am a 67 year old "grumpy old man" and have just about used up my lifetime allotment of patience.

Just in the way of a comment; I get fired up very quickly over this insane UAC anyway because there is TOTALLY no security enhancement to just flashing a window up and ask "Are you sure you want to do what you just said you want to do?" Now if Windows sent a "scout" to the website and came back and reported that the site "doesn't look like a suitable site and are you sure you still want to go there" or some such, it would be a worthwhile impediment to smooth surfing. It doesn't do that, tho. It just automatically, because you hit a certain key, flashes back, "Are you sure?" and sometimes, in a certain sequence of operations, it asks you two and even, on occasion, three times. I consider that unnecessary and counterproductive. What's your ideas on this?

Is there a selection somewhere in the forum to mark a thread as answered? I have the affected file "ignored" so I guess this particular issue is answered. Again, I thank you very much. John

Archived