IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Phantom balloon callout says "Delete this item"

This phantom balloon sometimes occurs after a file/folder defragmentation, and it points to nothing -- ?? I can't get rid of it appearing in the "Volume" column unless I shut down Dfrag 2.0 completely. And even then, the balloon stays on my desktop!!! I have to "threaten" to do a shutdown/restart (e.g., Start > Turn off > screen fades to grey on my XP/SP3) for it to clear.

I have also submitted numerous interface issues:

• Unusual no. of fragments remaining after a defrag/optimize when Dfrag 2.0 is immediately rerun. Defrag needs two or three passes to completely clear all fragments.
  • Lack of correlation of check boxes with drive row highlighting. Checking a "tickmark" has nothing to do with clicking a drive line; they can be two different things -- why?
  • Unneeded repeating of "analyze" step in the "defrag" phase after just having run "analyze",
  • Lack of clickable Help - context-sensitive or otherwise - at the top of the Defrag 2.0 window and no help anywhere except here on the forum.
  • "Check for updates" should work without calling up a browser window -- it should offer an update capability that tells me when there is a new release for my version of Defrag, and work as a "standalone" function similar to TechSmith/SnagIt tools, Adobe reader, etc.

-- these need to be corrected. Also, for color-impaired users like me, the map squares ("lozenges") and the map legend (flat squares) should look the same. Use the lozenge appearance in the legend, too.

Cheers!

webbie

P.S.: ...and when putting up a "recommended" action, there isn't any other choice. The "Defragment..." and "Analyze" clickable buttons go away and all I have left is the "recommended" action. And when I choose that and complete it I don't have any other choices except "recommended" even if I select another drive. This makes it difficult to run multiple defrag passes on a single drive. I have to totally stop Defrag (both as a window and on the task bar) and restart it to run multiple passes.

Also, when files are labelled "fixed"/"unmovable", they still seem to show up on the final report as "defragmented" when they cannot be (e.g., a "config.msi" file on my external G drive). They continue to appear as "fragmented" no matter how many times Defrag is run, so I suggest labelling them as "cannot defragment" or some such.

W.

Archived