IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

igfxres.dll False Positive?

Just trying to get here and add a false positive report has been a real effort!!!! This needs to be made much easier. On another PC, I uninstalled IOBIT 360 do to these false positives and the fact that a pop up window would appear saying a scan was starting, but could only be removed using task manager. When this started happening every 5-10 minutes it was bye bye to 360. Here is the false positive report . I did not remove the trojan as it does not show up anyplace else.

IObit Security 360

Version:1.5.0.10

Define Version:2412

Time Elapsed:00:23:46

Objects Scanned:60722

Threats Found:2

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:warren droms@quantserve.com/, 7-2072

Trojan.Adware, File, C:\ACER\Preload\Autorun\DRV\Intel VGA Chip UMA\LPCO\CHS\igfxres.dll, 12-932

If this is really an active threat please let me know

Hi dubyadd,

Yes it is an active section.

Most probably false positive, but please follow the procedure in Guidelines and Requirements for Reporting a False Positive. thread.

- Upload the file to VirusTotal and give the link to the analysis here in this thread.

- Upload the file to Wikisend and give the download link here in this thread for IObit to further investigate.

Cheers.

Archived