IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster v2.3???

SHJordan

OK guys,

There is a misunderstanding there, please have a look at Game Booster 2.2 is released... thread starter post,

The version is Game Booster 2.2, but the version of the executable GameBooster.exe is 2.3.0.113.

So, all those cracked files on the internet are Game Booster 2.2.

All of them have just misused IObit's illogical version numbering of exe file for attracting and enforcing download of their cracked (most probably virused) softwares.:evil:

Cheers.

OK guys,

There is a misunderstanding there, please have a look at Game Booster 2.2 is released... thread starter post,

The version is Game Booster 2.2, but the version of the executable GameBooster.exe is 2.3.0.113.

So, all those cracked files on the internet are Game Booster 2.2.

All of them have just misused IObit's illogical version numbering of exe file for attracting and enforcing download of their cracked (most probably virused) softwares.:evil:

Cheers.

OH!!! Now i've get it!!! Smart weasels... xD Anyways thank you for this clear explanation

Also i confirmed that when i saw it myself:

http://imgur.com/qA27O.jpg

Hi masterblaster,

As I told in my previous post the version of Game Booster is 2.2, and IObit illogically (perhaps by mistake) numbered the version of the executable GameBooster.exe file as 2.3.0.113.:lol:

The About section reads it from RCData section rather than Version Info section of the Resources of the executable.

object Label_Ver: TLabel

Height = 14

AutoSize = False

Caption = 'v 2.2'

Font.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET

Font.Color = 13027014

Font.Height = -12

Font.Name = 'Tahoma'

Font.Style = [fsItalic]

ParentFont = False

OnMouseDown = ImageRect1MouseDown

end

---------------------------------------

1 VERSIONINFO

FILEVERSION 2,3,0,113

PRODUCTVERSION 2,3,0,113

FILEOS 0x4

FILETYPE 0x1

{

BLOCK "StringFileInfo"

{

BLOCK "040904E4"

{

VALUE "CompanyName", "IObit"

VALUE "FileDescription", "Game Booster"

VALUE "FileVersion", "2.3.0.113"

VALUE "InternalName", ""

VALUE "LegalCopyright", "Copyright© 2005-2011"

VALUE "LegalTrademarks", "IObit"

VALUE "OriginalFilename", ""

VALUE "ProductName", "Game Booster"

VALUE "ProductVersion", "2.0.0.0"

VALUE "Comments", ""

}

}

BLOCK "VarFileInfo"

Cheers. :smile:

Maybe some of the confusion stems from some people that are having problems with registration rolling back to trial version.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2">

</td><td nowrap="nowrap">

</td><td width="100%">

</td><td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">

</td></tr></tbody></table>http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=58011#poststop

Archived