IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Installed ACS now I can't get my ANTI-VIRUS to update or now reinstall

Kalthia

A few days ago I stumbled across ASC and decided to install it. Since then my Anti-virus software has been unable to update.

I uninstalled the program, and now I can't get it to reinstall :(

The only thing I have changed is adding ASC to my system and allowing it to do it's thing.

I did go to McAfee's support. It took two hours for them to delete my hosts files, reset all my internet settings and decide that they could not help me :(

They cited DCOM error's in my log files.... a little research and Microsoft says not to worry these errors.... and I can't find a way to fix them?

The only errors I can find that do have to do with DCOM but DON'T have to do with them trying to reinstall:

The server {DDC6C82A-BCD6-480F-BAE7-9F406F687A53} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I think they are way off base, b/c the errors go back to October, (could be before, my log just ends before then) and my system was working fine before then.

I'm not a master, and not a noob. Thanks for your help in advance.

-Kalthia:-)

Archived