IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

When will IMF be released.

derry

Good question!

Hi derry, welcome to the IObit Forum. :grin:

Good question, but since IObit released a lot of new softwares recently and that caused a little bit of delay for all of the products and the final version of IMF, I would expect it soon.

I don't know the time frame exactly, but expect it to be released before summer. :mrgreen:

We will all be enlightened if someone from IObit answers your question. :lol:

Cheers.

Well one thing i think should be changed is programs detected as malware should not have *allow or block* it should be blocked automatically most novice users will allow it.

Hi derry,

It is hard for me to agree with that, as in that case, a probable false positive system file could hinder the OS.

Cheers.

Yes but that's what the Quarantine is for?

OK derry, how can a novice reach to quarantine if a critical false positive system file is automatically blocked or quarantined and because of that the OS is not working? :-)

Cheers.

OK derry, how can a novice reach to quarantine if a critical false positive system file is automatically blocked or quarantined and because of that the OS is not working? :-)

Cheers.

I ask, the same question when a user allows the malware alert thinking it's a false positive. And come to find out they get a nasty Misleading application that blocks all downloads and exe's. How are they able to get into the system then? I guess it's a win lose battle but i bet more malware will get onto the system then false positives detected. I ran IMF and did not get one false positive...... none at all.

Also i bet when IMF is fully released, users will suggest this i don't think i will be the only one to suggest that allow should not be an option only quarantine. But this is just an opinion hopefully I0bit will take note of it cheers.

You have your point there valid for all A/V and anti-malware softwares, but at least there will be a chance to ask in the relevant forums in that suspended state before it is allowed or blocked but it will not be possible by automatic blocking.

In short, if IObit asks me, my suggestion will be to keep it as it is. :-)

Cheers.

Archived