IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game box has dissapeared. Help

• 1 month later...

I want to add that ive never gotten my gamebox to even display, ever. Hide is unchecked and ive tried adjusting the opacity to both ends of the spectrum and it will not show up.

Just downloaded 2.3 today, upgraded from 2.2, been using GB since v1.

Hi blatherbeard,

Could you show us the part of GammeBooster.ini file @ C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster folder as the bold part below and see if it is the same?

[GameBox]

ShowGameBox=1

Transparency=255

AutoRecover=1

CloseToTray=0

FirstUseGameBox=0

Top=751

Left=1081

FristUseGameBox=0

Cheers.

@ blatherbeard,

What do you see when you click on Customize service list link on Unnecessary services page after clicking on Customize link on the Main GUI?

It should normally open GameBooster.ini file.

@ masterblaster,

I think that address for GameBooster.ini and the whole Game Booster folder there are residues from older versions.

For Vista x32 and Win7 x32, GameBooster.ini for GB2.3 is at:

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster

Cheers.

@ blatherbeard,

What do you see when you click on Customize service list link on Unnecessary services page after clicking on Customize link on the Main GUI?

It should normally open GameBooster.ini file.

@ masterblaster,

I think that address for GameBooster.ini and the whole Game Booster folder there are residues from older versions.

For Vista x32 and Win7 x32, GameBooster.ini for GB2.3 is at:

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster

Cheers.

I don't mean to steal this thread but my answers may help you.

I also have a C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster which can only be seen when viewing hidden files/folders. Another GameBooster.INI is in there.

Should I manually delete the older references in User/Appdata/Roaming/Iobit/Gamebooster ??

masterblaster, I had the same Game Booster folder and inclusive files @ C:\Users\{User}\Appdata\Roaming\IObit, and moved Game Booster folder to desktop and waited for couple of restarts of Windows (couple of days) and GB run perfectly OK without them (folder and inclusive files) during this time.

I thing that folder of Game Booster @ C:\Users\{User}\Appdata\Roaming\IObit is redundant and can be deleted.

BTW, you may have noticed if you have the modified and creation date columns in Explorer that the dates for that Game Booster folder (including files) @ C:\Users\{User}\Appdata\Roaming\IObit are quite older relative to the one @ C:\ProgramData\IObit

Cheers.

Got the .ini file this is what it looks like in comparison to yours.

[GameBox]

ShowGameBox=1

Transparency=255

AutoRecover=1

CloseToTray=0

FristUseGameBox=0

Top=870

Left=-199

The differences that i ssee are where Top =870 and Left=-199

Does that mean it may be in the wrong spot on the screen? I also tried just dragging a game icon around the screen seeing if it was just in the wrong place, but couldnt find it that way either.

Screen Rez is 1440x900 if it matters.

Hi blatherbeard,

I think your Gamebox is at out of desktop screen boundaries.

Please try with changing the values as below and save GameBooster.ini file when your GB is exited.

Top=355

Left=528

I think it will be seen around the middle of the desktop screen when you run GB and minimize the main Game Booster GUI to taskbar. Then, you can move Gamebox wherever you wish on the desktop and it will stay there when you restart Game Booster.

Please give feedback.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
I check the bottom right and the game box cant be found if you know a way to fix this please help.

I am having the same problem...no game box. I have premium v.2.3 running xp pro sp3. I searched for the .ini file & changed settings as suggested and still no game box. it disappeared when i upgraded from v.2.2 to v.2.3. any other suggestions?

Ok, I finally got it to stay on. After changing the .ini file settings, I rebooted t & waah-laaah....GameBox is back! 8-) I have been messing with this thing for the past several days & :shock: inventing several new curse words & phrases ...some of which were aimed at GameBooster :oops:...Please forgive me! My only defense is I have a chronic case of CRS.

Archived