IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Be Careful Before Installing Version 4

LEF48

I had version 3.8 PRO and was very happy with it.

I say "I had" because very stupidly a trial of version 4 removes automatically your previously installed version.

What the hell invite people to "try it" and then automatically remove their previously installed version.

What if the client really just wanted to "try it". As I saw the new version was installing a a new folder, I was sure my version 3 folder would not be touched.

I was wrong and now I regret bitterly this "try it" offer.

Another thing is : version 4 does not include the "tool box" that my version 3 pro had. There were several modules I appreciated immensely, for example the uninstall which removed all remnant files. Or the module that optimized the internet connection, etc ... etc ...

If this is all that version 4 is going to offer, I say it is a total con and a waste of time.

IOBIT : next time you invite people to click "try it" for a new product, make sure you tell the whole story, i.e. the client is going to loose many functions he previously had.

It never occured to me that version 4 would be MUCH, MUCH LESS than the previous version.

I WAS A FAN OF YOUR PROGRAM. BRAVO, YOU MANAGED TO TURN ME INTO A VERY DISAPPOINTED CLIENT !

Hi LEF

By me a window came up advising me that the ASC version 3 would be uninstalled if I installed version 4 beta3.

OK I went ahead anyway - I had in a previous post seen that after the installation of ASC 4 you could install version 3 again and they would be able to both be on your machine - you should of course not let both versions run at the same time especially not with automatic functions.

This I did - but I think I am going to uninstall version 3 as I like version 4 very much.

As for toolbox - it is not missing by me, and works as intended.

Cheers

solbjerg

I had version 3.8 PRO and was very happy with it.

I say "I had" because very stupidly a trial of version 4 removes automatically your previously installed version.

What the hell invite people to "try it" and then automatically remove their previously installed version.

What if the client really just wanted to "try it". As I saw the new version was installing a a new folder, I was sure my version 3 folder would not be touched.

I was wrong and now I regret bitterly this "try it" offer.

Another thing is : version 4 does not include the "tool box" that my version 3 pro had. There were several modules I appreciated immensely, for example the uninstall which removed all remnant files. Or the module that optimized the internet connection, etc ... etc ...

If this is all that version 4 is going to offer, I say it is a total con and a waste of time.

IOBIT : next time you invite people to click "try it" for a new product, make sure you tell the whole story, i.e. the client is going to loose many functions he previously had.

It never occured to me that version 4 would be MUCH, MUCH LESS than the previous version.

I WAS A FAN OF YOUR PROGRAM. BRAVO, YOU MANAGED TO TURN ME INTO A VERY DISAPPOINTED CLIENT !

Advanced SystemCare v4 Beta 3.0 available now!

What's new in v4 Beta 3.0:

+ Improved Interface

+ Improved Toolbox Module

+ Improved Turbo Boost Module

+ Improved Multi-Language Support

* Fixed General Bugs

Note:

- This is a Beta version and we do not recommend general users downloading it, as it may do harm to your system.

- Current paid v3 PRO users will automatically update to v4 PRO for free within 1-year subscription.

- You can BUY ASC v4 PRO NOW with just $9.95, and automatically update to v4 PRO for free when v4 Final version is ready.

(Version: Beta 3.0, Released date: Apr 14, 2011) Free Download

Top 10 useful testers and translators will be given free licenses of Advanced SystemCare PRO v4.

Hi LEF48,

Please read the above post by IObit Guy, you can use your license code of ASC3 Pro for ASC4 Pro.

As solbjerg points out, you can install ASC3 again, but please note that only one of them can be used as Professional version.

Cheers.

I searched for my license but could not find it ... fortunately, I had kept the actual original setup file (version 3.7) and when I installed it, it automatically installed the PRO version that I had purchased. All my settings were still there because the program folder ASC 3 was still there in my program files folder.

NOTE : re-installing ASC 3 in a folder separate from ASC 4 quite rightly DID NOT REMOVE THE OTHER VERSION INSTALL. This is exactly how the default install should work.

If auto maintenance might be a problem when you have 2 versions installed, the simple solution is that auto maintenance should NOT be switched on by default. Leave it to the user to choose it.

I still insist that version 4 TAKES AWAY useful tools which is disadvantageous to the client.

The other thing is that version 4 defrag is awfully SLOWWW in fact I had to stop it after 30 minutes because it was only 25% done for my 300 GB drive.

"defrag 2" sounds like a nice idea but ... it is only that 'an idea ' and definitely not worth having.

You had a nice product in version 3 and you should have stuck to the winning formula. I predict your version 4 will not have half the success of version 3.

Unless of course you amend the package of version 4 to include all the tools of version 3. In my case, it was the excellent uninstall module of version 3 that prompted me to purchase it immediately.

Thanks for the replies and good luck.

Lef

Thanks LEF!

Thanks for posting this information LEF. .... I'm a registered user of Version 3.8 and I was just about to switch over to the final Beta 4, but after reading your post about losing the "uninstall" and "optimized internet" features, I think that I will just stick with version 3.8.

Defrag version 2 runs perfectly on my "pro" installation computer, but not on my old XP computer which runs the free version of version 3.8. Therefore, I am guessing that a few computers will not run Defrag 2, but most will. I'm also guessing that the UI is overkill on an XP computer for Defrag 2.0. ---- But in any case, version 1.5 is fine, so if it works for you just stick with it. I'm still using 1.5 on my old XP computer.

I'll be happy to try 4.0 when those two features are added back into the program, otherwise the UI 'improvements' are unimportant to me. I purchased the program for its utility functions not pretty windows.

Thanks again LEF! :grin:

Well LEF

This is the contents of my ASC4 beta 3 folder:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7415&stc=1&d=1302976599

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7416&stc=1&d=1302976615

I fail to see any "missing" applications.

Did you have a faulty install?

Bear in mind that the toolbox is part of the program!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Sorry for the not quite clear pictures

p.p.s. I made a list of the content of the folder in Command Prompt:

Microsoft Windows XP [version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

>dir /b/p "C:\Programs\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4"

About.dll

ASC.exe

ASCInit.exe

ASCService.exe

ASCTray.exe

ASCv4ComputerMenu.dll

ASCv4ComputerMenu_64.dll

ASCv4ExtMenu.dll

ASCv4ExtMenu_64.dll

AutoCare.exe

AutoSweep.exe

AutoUpdate.exe

Backup

ChangeType.exe

checkinfo.txt

Config.ini

cxLibraryD12.bpl

datastate.dll

Def.dbd

DiskMap.dll

DiskScan.exe

DriverData.db

dxBarD12.bpl

dxComnD12.bpl

dxCoreD12.bpl

dxDockingD12.bpl

dxGDIPlusD12.bpl

dxSkinOffice2007BlueD12.bpl

dxSkinsCoreD12.bpl

dxThemeD12.bpl

feedback.log

FfSweep.dll

FileSweep.dll

help.html

images

Language

LatestNews

License.dat

madbasic_.bpl

maddisAsm_.bpl

madexcept_.bpl

Main.ini

NtfsData.dll

OFCommon.dll

OFCommon3.dll

PMonitor.exe

Register.exe

RescueCenter.exe

rtl120.bpl

Scan.dll

ScanCache.db

SecurityHoles_Download

sqlite3.dll

StartMenu.exe

Suc10_RegistryCleaner.exe

Suc11_PrivacySweeper.exe

Suc12_Uninstaller.exe

Suc13_DiskCleaner.exe

Suc14_FileShredder.exe

Sun10_ClonedFilesScanner.exe

Sun11_DiskExplorer.exe

Sun12_SystemInformation.exe

Sun13_EmptyFoldersScanner.exe

Sun14_SystemControl.exe

Suo10_SmartRAM.exe

Suo11_InternetBooster.exe

Suo12_StartupManager.exe

Suo13_RegistryDefrag.exe

Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe

Suo15_GameBooster.exe

Sur10_Undelete.exe

Sur11_ShortcutFixer.exe

Sur12_DiskDoctor.exe

Sur13_WinFix.exe

Sur14_IEHelper.exe

Sus10_SecurityHolesScanner.exe

Sus11_ProcessManager.exe

Sus12_DriverManager.exe

Sus13_IObitSecurity360.exe

taskMgr.dll

TaskSchedule.exe

tb.dat

TbFfSweep.dll

TbFileSweep.dll

ToolBox.exe

Toolbox_Language

Toolbox_UI

TurboBoost.exe

UI

UnDelete.dll

unins000.dat

unins000.exe

unins000.msg

vcl120.bpl

vclx120.bpl

Wizard.exe

I searched for my license but could not find it ... fortunately, I had kept the actual original setup file (version 3.7) and when I installed it, it automatically installed the PRO version that I had purchased. All my settings were still there because the program folder ASC 3 was still there in my program files folder.

NOTE : re-installing ASC 3 in a folder separate from ASC 4 quite rightly DID NOT REMOVE THE OTHER VERSION INSTALL. This is exactly how the default install should work.

If auto maintenance might be a problem when you have 2 versions installed, the simple solution is that auto maintenance should NOT be switched on by default. Leave it to the user to choose it.

I still insist that version 4 TAKES AWAY useful tools which is disadvantageous to the client.

The other thing is that version 4 defrag is awfully SLOWWW in fact I had to stop it after 30 minutes because it was only 25% done for my 300 GB drive.

"defrag 2" sounds like a nice idea but ... it is only that 'an idea ' and definitely not worth having.

You had a nice product in version 3 and you should have stuck to the winning formula. I predict your version 4 will not have half the success of version 3.

Unless of course you amend the package of version 4 to include all the tools of version 3. In my case, it was the excellent uninstall module of version 3 that prompted me to purchase it immediately.

Thanks for the replies and good luck.

Lef

my apologies

I am sooo sorry. I feel terrible, I have made an awful mistake.

I was so accustomed to the tools appearing in a FOLDER called "all tools" visible on the menu that I was sure they were not there in the program. My mind did not connect "toolbox" with the "all tools" I was used to and I never even clicked on "toolbox" module which is now accessible only via the program.

Please accept my sincere apology for disparaging your product in my previous posts.

It is only when I read your last reply that I started version 4 (I have the 2 versions installed) and when I checked "toolbox" I was DELIGHTED to see that all the previous tools are there and in actual fact they seem much improved, especially the internet booster.

My copy of version 3 enables me to benefit from the free upgrade. But to make amend, I want to purchase another copy of the software which I shall offer to a friend.

I do hope all the people who read my previous comments will read this one as well to correct their impression.

Thanks a million and best wishes to all, Lef

Hi Elliot

Fine! But do please be aware of the fact that the 3.80 version will be uninstalled (some leftovers will stay in the folder) and you will only have version 4 installed until you perhaps decide to install version 3.80 again in order to be able to run that program manually too, while you still retain version 4.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the updated information and clarification Solbjerg and LEF! The previous posts were most worrysome. I will definitely try Beta 4 right now. 8-)

Ok LEF

I thought that might have been the case - but at least we got that cleared up and you can now try out the new version. :-)

I started using it going slow taking one function at a time but have now tried to take all functions at one go in both Quick Care and Deep Care, they work fine by me.

Like your honesty and integrity!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I am sooo sorry. I feel terrible, I have made an awful mistake.

I was so accustomed to the tools appearing in a FOLDER called "all tools" visible on the menu that I was sure they were not there in the program. My mind did not connect "toolbox" with the "all tools" I was used to and I never even clicked on "toolbox" module which is now accessible only via the program.

Please accept my sincere apology for disparaging your product in my previous posts.

It is only when I read your last reply that I started version 4 (I have the 2 versions installed) and when I checked "toolbox" I was DELIGHTED to see that all the previous tools are there and in actual fact they seem much improved, especially the internet booster.

My copy of version 3 enables me to benefit from the free upgrade. But to make amend, I want to purchase another copy of the software which I shall offer to a friend.

I do hope all the people who read my previous comments will read this one as well to correct their impression.

Thanks a million and best wishes to all, Lef

Hi LEF

I too felt that the SD version in ASC4 was somewhat slower than the SD version I had installed, so I checked.

The ASC4 SD version took 7 minutes by me without repairing - I then checked the version - it was SD.exe v. 2.0.0.31

Then I ran my "normal" SD it took less than 2 minutes to check and repair the same amount of fragmented files, that version was SD.exe v. 2.0.1.978

My harddisk is 60 Gb and about 60% free space

My OS is Window XP sp.3

One should bear in mind though that the SD version in ASC4 runs the Optimal Defrag if that option is chosen, while the "normal" SD normally runs the Quick Optimize defragmentation.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am glad the matter is clarified now.

The way to have both versions installed is :

1) When you install version 4, it will automatically delete version 3 on your computer, even though it is installing in a new folder.

The new version 4 obviously recognizes your settings of your previously used version 3

2) You just re-install version 3 in the normal default folder - which means it will be again in the folder you had before.

3) In program files, you will end up having

IOBIT

Version 3

Version 4

other iobit modules

Note : YOU MUST NOT USE THE AUTO FEATURE on either program

Also, I am now using ONLY version 4 and so far no problem

It is a good idea to activate ONE function at a time.

Version 4, Beta 3 is working perfectly for me Solbjerg! I have tested every feature in the last 9 hours and so far I can't find a glitch.

Bravo to the IObit staff and development team.

It's doubtful that I will ever have to re-install version 3.80 on this computer. Can I delete any of the contents of of the leftover folder or should it be left in place forever?

Hi Elliot

Fine! But do please be aware of the fact that the 3.80 version will be uninstalled (some leftovers will stay in the folder) and you will only have version 4 installed until you perhaps decide to install version 3.80 again in order to be able to run that program manually too, while you still retain version 4.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Elliot

I had much the same reaction to the ASC4 beta 3 :-)

If you want to wear a couple of belts and a couple of suspenders you could wait with the deletion until ASC 4 is out of beta to be absolutely certain that you won't lose your license information, in the astronomically unlikely event that all of ASC should disappear from your machine. :-). But even if it does you are still registered by IObit as a paying customer and will be able to retrieve it by writing them. So all in all by all means delete version 3.8 - I have.

Cheers

solbjerg

Version 4, Beta 3 is working perfectly for me Solbjerg! I have tested every feature in the last 9 hours and so far I can't find a glitch.

Bravo to the IObit staff and development team.

It's doubtful that I will ever have to re-install version 3.80 on this computer. Can I delete any of the contents of of the leftover folder or should it be left in place forever?

I am not afraid Solbjerg! I am ready to completely delete the 3.8 directory.

I always save my registered e-mail, licensing and product keys in a special document directory which I've named "registrations." Plus, as you say, a lost product key is only an e-mail away anyway. :smile:

Thanks!

My version 4 no longer works correctly. For example, it scans and reports some errors. I click to show the errors but the program seems to flash a page open and close it immediately. It is so fast I cant even read what it is.

I have decided to uninstall version 4 and use my version 3 for the moment until version 4 comes out of Beta.

Thanks but ... will installing version 4 automatically delete my version 3 installed ?

If so, I prefer to wait a few weeks until new problems I had are ironed out.

a) after scan, no way to view the items to mark for deletion

b) another problem I had was that the main modules icons just disappeared, as I reported on another thread. Every time I start the program, the icons are not there ...

I am still very much a fan of ASC. At the price, it is definitely the best program to purchase. The free version is good too for any user.

EDIT: Yes, it will delete ASC3 to be able to use the existing code.

There is nothing better on the Market I have seen yet

I like that v4.0 also has a shortcut option to a "quick-care" option you can put on task bar. Also, I might even keep my v3.8 disk I ordered as back-up (hard copies always a good thing) to use for installing in safe mode to run "cross-checks". My name on the disk was a nice touch, made me feel like it was more personal and not like those mass produced AOL disks from the 90's....LOL. I honestly can say for $10 bucks a computer for the whole year, there is nothing better on the Market I have seen yet.:mrgreen:

Archived