IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Invalid License Keys

Ebster

I upgraded via the internet to Advanced System Care 4 Pro and paid for 3 workstation licenses.

I'm not to happy as it seems my license key is invalid. I have followed all instructions to the letter (copy & pasted the key etc.), but I am still using ASC4 Free as I keep getting an invalid key message. I'm also not prompted to enter my username with my key. This is a bit strange as the online instruction mention that I must enter my username (e-mail address) and license key to activate the product.

I have written to IObit support regarding the matter. I had a rapid response from Alicia, however it was a bit weird, as she told me to resolve the problem I needed to disconnect from the network and try activating again. Unsure of how the activation process will work if I'm not connected to the internet, I followed her instructions, disconnected and pressed activate. As I thought, the activation process failed. So I am still using ASC4 Free after paying money for 3 licenses.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated? I replied to Alicia but have not yet had a response.

Things to do if your license key fails to validate (Online Purchase Only).

This is based on Windows 7 32bit and Windows 7 64bit Operating Systems and assuming you have internet connectivity.

Before contacting IObit, follow these steps.

1. Download your copy of advanced system care from the link provided in the e-mail. This is to make sure that you have the corresponding software version to the license key provided. The key should work if you have downloaded the free version and wish to upgrade it too. Just in case I recommend downloading the copy provided via the link in your e-mail.

2. Make sure that Windows Firewall is allowing Advanced System Care 4 through to communicate with the IObit servers.

This is in Start, Control Panel, Windows Firewall, Allow a program through windows firewall (Control Panel Classic View).

Or, Start, Control Panel, System and Security, Windows Firewall, Allow a program through windows firewall (User Friendly View or what ever).

You may also want to check that you are using the administrator rites to run ASC. A quick way to check this is to right click on the icon and select properties. In there click on the compatibility tab and then click the "Run this program as administrator" tick box.

3. Check you have copied and pasted the license key (with no extra spaces) from your e-mail directly into the License Code: box.

If this fails to validate....

4. Install Advanced System Care 4 on another PC or Laptop. Then follow step 1, 2 and 3 again.

5. If this fails to validate it is advised to leave them and try again at different times of the day. IObit suggested that due to the time of day, their servers could be busy. I personally have been trying it for 3 days at various different times with no success.

6. If you still fail to validate your key, contact IObit via there support section for paying customers and they will respond fairly rapidly. What happens after that I don't know but I will let you know when I find out.

Hopefully this will help people figure out if the problem is with the license key, their desktop or their network connection. I am currently using a ethernet LAN to connect to the internet so I have firewalls on the desktops and network device.

• 4 weeks later...

Problem Solved. Registry.exe replacement.

Well, the issue wasn't with the license code after all. I tested some invalid license codes out in ASC 4 and it does tell you if the code is invalid straight away. My issue was that the product was trying to activate and constantly failing with no error apart from failed. With all security systems (firewall, antivirus, router securtiy, proxy, etc..) and other products from different vendors activating fine. I was at a loss?? After sending IObit screen prints of exactly what was going on. They rapidly replied with a replacement registry.exe. This worked straight away after replacement of the old registry.exe in the ASC 4 directory. Jobs a good'an!!

Well done IObit :-D.

Hope this helps people out.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. The problem occurred on Windows 7 x86 also.

Whats up bud?

I have the same problem (xp sp3 x86) without the return of support.

Hi Lukian, could you elaborate a bit on that, what do you mean by no support? Are you a paying customer? If so they should honor their support agreement with you.

To be honest, it took me a while to deal with IObit. A nice lady by the name of Alicia kept resetting my license code which was all very nice but never had any effect. I kept clicking on that upgrade button and putting my key in. It just kept failing after every attempt. I ended up sending a slightly stronger worded but still polite message through the support web site as it had been a while and still no fix. Someone wrote back from IObit support asking for screen shots of what was happening and apologising for the delay. Next day I was sent a new registry.exe file, jobs done. Worked fine, activated first time.

hi ...

For me every time I try to put serial register.exe gives error and does not let him turn before saying invalid serial now I put the serial but writ small caps without the active and did not say invalid but the radius of the error not registor.exe let me turn it tou waiting on their decision but I have been in contact with them ...

Hi Darkc0de,

hi ...

For me every time I try to put serial register.exe gives error and does not let him turn before saying invalid serial now I put the serial but writ small caps without the active and did not say invalid but the radius of the error not registor.exe let me turn it tou waiting on their decision but I have been in contact with them ...

Hi darkc0de,

Just a little more information please, I'm trying to understand your problem.

Have IObit provided you with a replacement registry.exe file? If so, this file should replace the original, which in Windows 7 x64 or x86 is usually located here:

(C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\registry.exe).

What I tend to do is rename the old file to registry.old and copy the new one in. If this does not work and you still cannot activate the software then IObit support will need to take another look for you. Make sure that you are copying and pasting the activation code from your e-mail (if you bought it online) into ASC4. If it actually tells you that your code is invalid, it possibly is. If it is not telling you anything other than the activation failed, its more likely to be either security on your computer, internet connectivity or the registry.exe file issue.

Sorry if this is not helpful. I'm trying to understand the exact problem you have.

• 1 month later...

Same problem-no support!

I had this paid program for a year and like it, so I renewed for all three computers. I have spent four days trying to get a response that works. THE LICENSE CODE THEY GAVE ME DOES NOT WORK!!! I have emailed and emailed again, even emailed the purchase information as proof of payment. I am beginning to think it is not worth it to work this hard to get a license code which works. The message tells me that my key is expired and that I need to renew...which I did four days ago. The way I see it is that I can not get a reply as a paid subscription even though I have already paid. Getting real fed up!

Hi peanutbutter, I must confess it took them a while to respond to my support requests. I did end up sending a strong worded but still polite e-mail to the support team explaining the situation so far and how all of the solutions had failed. If you have read this thread and have done everything I did then just keep at them and they will provide a solution because you paid, or your entitled to your money back I think.

I like the program too and was thinking about renewing next time. I haven't had any other problems at all since they provided me with this new registry file. Be interesting to see what happens in your case.

Archived