IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deep web/hidden wiki

blacksea

Someone ever heard of this so called 'deep web' or 'the hidden wiki'? It is very interesting, and I thought that I knew almost everything about the internet..

Here are some facts on The Deep Web:

· Public information on the deep Web is currently 400 to 550 times larger than the commonly defined World Wide Web.

· The deep Web contains 7,500 terabytes of information compared to 19 terabytes of information in the surface Web.

· The deep Web contains nearly 550 billion individual documents compared to the 1 billion of the surface Web.

· More than 200,000 deep Web sites presently exist.

· Sixty of the largest deep-Web sites collectively contain about 750 terabytes of information — sufficient by themselves to exceed the size of the surface Web forty times.

· The deep Web is the largest growing category of new information on the Internet.

· Deep Web sites tend to be narrower, with deeper content, than conventional surface sites.

· Total quality content of the deep Web is 1,000 to 2,000 times greater than that of the surface Web.

· Deep Web content is highly relevant to every information need, market, and domain.

· More than half of the deep Web content resides in topic-specific databases.

· A full ninety-five per cent of the deep Web is publicly accessible information — not subject to fees or subscriptions.

In order to access the deep web you use the Tor browser in addition to the Tor extension for Firefox.

Important: Before you begin I suggest learning how the deep web works and what you can do to better protect yourself against intruders and anything that can compromise your true anonymity

Here, you can read up more about the deep web: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_web

Has anyone here already been there once?

Archived