IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

After running ASC4 Google Chrome crashed

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here is the solution:

Under Quick Care, uncheck "Privacy Sweep" and all your tabs in Chrome will remain. Fought this thing tooth and nail when first installing AWC4. Perhaps I missed it, but think there should be something to config in this category to either IGNORE or EXCLUDE so other stuff would be taken out, but things like the tabs/thumbnails would be left alone.

tool box privacy sweeper has chrome options, main engine one doesn't.. The main engine I guess still cleans it though..this is another bad idea integrated into the main engine..seems they add more each version.

IObit should look at the feedback..they're making CCleaner look too attractive these days..

@captainron: Yep, have been using ccleaner as an alternate when I'm in a HURRY! ;-)

I think the main/transparent ASC engine uses the same dlls/engine as toolbox tools, problem is with the settings and some of the places they clean and things they trigger. CCleaner made a software that you can install on any machine and it'll do the best cleaning that can be done on that windows OS without corrupting or breaking things; this is why you see them being mention on support forms when the topic of cleaning and optimization solutions come up. Most people would rather settle for a good cleaning than cleaning+optimization with a probability of no-booting and/or broken software.

ASC needs basic stuff only in their transparent engine, and have advance settings off out of the box, and only in toolbox. If not you're going to keep seeing 'won't boot..', 'erased my..','won't start..' posts.

Archived