IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error Popup

oldsalt35

I recently updated my Advanced WindowsCare V2 to Version 2.7.2.850. When I run it I get the pop up shown in the thumbnail.

This happens as AWC2 is loading and just as the program opens the main page. When I click on ok the popup goes away. And it seems that the program works. I have only scanned a few things, but have been afraid to fix anything because of the error.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi oldsalt35,

The reason is, some MS packages (including Office XP) install a DLL named APPHELP.DLL although they should not. This DLL is XP-specific and should not be installed on Windows 2000.

If present, the DLL is loaded by these applications. The problem is that APPHELP.DLL looks for an entry in NTDLL.DLL (RtlDuplicateUnicodeString) that doesn't exist in Windows 2000.

Just rename (or delete) APPHELP.DLL (it's in SYSTEM32) and you'll get rid of the error message.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Archived