IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster 2.3 (build 0303) is available again as though NEW!!!

enoskype

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6755&stc=1&d=1296537807 Game Booster 2.3 (0303)

Attention: (0303 stands for March 3, 2011 stamp for the setup file.)

MajorGeeks

.....http://www.majorgeeks.com/images/icons/arrowd.gifIobit Game Booster 2.3 (0303)[ 6.74 MB | Freeware | Win All] http://www.majorgeeks.com/images/mghot.gif

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts. Free key for Game Booster Premium 6A6F1-28485-A8F22-A13B9. Expires May 23rd, 2012

Author: Iobit

Date: 2011-05-26

Size: 6.74 MB

License: Freeware

Requires: Win All

Changelog:

+ Improved interface

+ Improved Game Driver module

+ Fixed general bugs

It works by temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. Works 100% compatible with PunkBuster, Cheating-Death, VAC, and any other anti-cheat software.

OK, I downloaded the new version from Major Geeks.

The file size is 4.09 MB not 4.19 MB.

The ver is 2.3.0.0 not 2.3.1.141.

Why is it EVERY time you release an update this happens. Every time. Not almost every time, every time.

Why is Major Geek offering the old version as the new version AGAIN?

Masterblaster, I have just downloaded it from all of those 3 links, and GameBooster.exe is 4190 KB and version is 2.3.1.144

Was the gamebooster.exe setup file size 6903 KB?

I think it is a browsing cache problem which is specific to MajorGeeks.

I have no idea why it happens otherwise.

BTW, I am not the one who releases updates.

I post them when I am aware of a new (so called) version is released by any partner server certainly after downloading and trying.

After all this said, you are right that often MajorGeeks offers releases as new when in fact they are old. This time, I think the setup file is from March 2011 and not new. Trying to make use of the giveaway Premium license code offered by GAOTD. :evil:

NOTE: I have changed the title of the thread.

Cheers.

enoskype,

I know it's not your fault. When I said "you" I meant IOBIT.

I will download again but I did already 2X and I am getting the version I mentioned above.

ADDED

I just redownloaded it again fron Major Geeks (first link).

The Gamebooster.exe file that I downloaded has a date stamp of March 3, 2011 (prior to install)

Hi guys,

The first released GB 2.3 had a time stamp of February 25, now the recent uploaded files to MajorGeeks' servers are time stamped as March 3.

So, the code indicated in parantheses (0303) is the code for 03/03/2011, ie. March 3rd.

I consider this action from MajorGeeks to be only for promotion!

Sorry for the confusion caused.:sad:

Cheers.

THREAD IS CLOSED!

Archived