IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

XP Theme Reset

Monode

I run my workstation for two things; 3D Animation and recording music. I have Windows stripped down to look like Windows95 for fast GUI response and I use an expensive DAC, amplifier and monitor monitor speakers, actually around £40,000 worth.

So why is it that I have to have my Windows scheme reset ever time I reboot and why is it I have to have my hearing damaged by crappy Windows default sounds - I don't want clicks when I'm navigating.

I want an answer for this as it is really pissing me off - I should be working now but I've had to register for yet another bloody forum to get an answer. A forum you can't search either - so, new thread it is, tough!

System Optimization ?

Hi :smile:

.....I've had to register for yet another forum to get an answer.....

You wrote "yet another forum" are you asking a general question on how to turn off system sounds or are you saying that Advanced SystemCare 4 is changing your settings?

...I don't want clicks when I'm navigating......

If you want to turn off system sounds on Windows XP have a look at Turn Off the Annoying Windows XP System Beeps @ How-To-geek

......I have Windows stripped down to look like Windows95 for fast GUI response....

If Advanced SystemCare 4 is changing your settings then un-tick System Optimization on the Deep Care screen.

I guess you have done many tweaks yourself so System Optimization probably won't be of benefit to you.

You can also:

• Go to Deep Care and tick just System Optimization (to make it a fast scan)

• After the scan has finished click on the 'Problems' to see the list.

• Right click on any that you want to keep and add them to the Ignore List

All the best, woz of oz

Archived