IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I Really Need Help Now

I've discovered that many of my files like system tool, you know, the important stuff, have had their creation dates changed to 2099. How could that have happened? Anyone know how to change it back? Please. This is driving me nuts. I can't download anything because it asks me what file to open it with and I don't know.

This "smells" like a malware infection, probably a DOS (denial of service) attack. By altering that date, the hacker is probably changing other stuff, too. Go through the "malware disinfection" routine, often meaning you will need to reformat and reload the operating system, especially if you have other "funny" things going on. Whenever a computer "acts strange" my first thought is always malware. Its usually right.

• 4 weeks later...
This "smells" like a malware infection, probably a DOS (denial of service) attack. By altering that date, the hacker is probably changing other stuff, too. Go through the "malware disinfection" routine, often meaning you will need to reformat and reload the operating system, especially if you have other "funny" things going on. Whenever a computer "acts strange" my first thought is always malware. Its usually right.

@chessmaster315,

i do agree with you sort-of. its true when computers start to do some weird stuff it is usually some sort of hacking or malware, but i hate to jump to conclusions to soon.

Archived