IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Uninstalling

hotrocks

I updated to the new malware program and 360 never uninstalled. It does not show up in remove programs, there is no uninstall file in the folder, and windows will not let me delete the folder.

This is extremely annoying, because every time I boot, 360 tries to update, and then tells me to install a program (malware) that is already installed.

This is happening on mine and my wife's Win 7 home edition.

Hi hotrocks, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I would try IObit Uninstaller's Forced Uninstall first, downloadable from IObit Uninstaller 2 Beta 1.0 is available! thread.

If it doesn't work, try to use the recently released IObit Unlocker Beta 1.1 downloadable from IObit Unlocker Beta 1.1 is released! thread. (I have tried it for you for the locked remnants of IS360 folder and it worked. :idea:)

If it does not delete IObit specific files (fx. Protected Folder), you can try using Unlocker 1.9.1 to delete the files.

Cheers.

Archived