IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help! Steam GTA IV crash on start up?

It is not easy for me to modify the services to a user specific plan.My problem is the Steam version of GTA IV crashes on start up in "game mode".Perhaps because it shuts down the "Games for Windows" service?

I use windows 7 64bit Home premium.

Thank you for your Freeware and please help me customize my game mode :)

Hi dontsleep,

I could only make some wild guesses, as I don't use that game.

Uncheck one by one and start the game each time.

-Application Experience

-Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

-Program Compatibility Assistant Service

-Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

-Function Discovery Resource Publication

-Web Client

In general, to test which service/process stopping /closing causes the crash, try checking one by one, so the last one will be the responsible one if the game crashes.

If you find which one causes the crash, please post it in this thread, so other users using the same game can benefit.

Thanks and cheers.

Hi dontsleep,

I could only make some wild guesses, as I don't use that game.

Uncheck one by one and start the game each time.

-Application Experience

-Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

-Program Compatibility Assistant Service

-Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

-Function Discovery Resource Publication

-Web Client

In general, to test which service/process stopping /closing causes the crash, try checking one by one, so the last one will be the responsible one if the game crashes.

If you find which one causes the crash, please post it in this thread, so other users using the same game can benefit.

Thanks and cheers.

Thank you I will try these but in edit for the Win 7 list does 1= disabled or 0= disabled ?

Hi dontsleep, I still do not understand which service it is!

I don't use W7 x64, but Windows 7 x32, so there is no such service in the Windows Services in my OS.

Can you find that Service in Windows Services? If yes, under what name?

Can you supply me a screenshot of that service showing Services in Computer management?

You can add a service in the list if you know the short (service) name for it.

Thank you I will try these but in edit for the Win 7 list does 1= disabled or 0= disabled ?

Service/Process=1 means that Service/Process checkbox is ticked and will be stopped with Game Booster when boost is On.

Service/Process=0 means that Service/Process checkbox is NOT ticked and will NOT be stopped with Game Booster when Boost is ON.

Cheers.

I downloaded a new version today 7/25/2011 and I had no problems so that's great! As far as Games for windows goes,the process not service as I thought previously is listed by a program called "Process Viewer" as,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE\Client\GFWLClient.exe

Perhaps people with older versions of Game booster can benefit knowing this process must run at least with the Steam version of GTA IV Liberty city.

Thanks for all the help and I'm very pleases with this software as I have stated in another thread I have paid for Premium versions 1 and 2 twice each so a free one comes as a nice gift once in a while :)

Archived