IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blank screen after select boot time defrag

tqlim

Dell Studio 1535, OS Vista with latest Service-pack.

Had been using AS4 for months, did many rounds of quick/deep care and manual fast/deep defreg without any issue.

1st time trying to do 'boot time defrag' (with 'window scandisk' option ticked)

Before reboot I did a 'deep care'.

Rebooting seems normal with window 3stages scanning, until window logo screen with the green-bar flashing... Then screen goes blank! Hardisk keep running... (just before the login screen)

Try window F8 dianostic, report no problem

Try window F8 restore to an ealier time, restore sucessfull but still the same situation

Try another reboot by cancelling the scandisk, able to cancelled as normal, but it hang right after. (with the screen text remain & hardisk running)

Had to force the power-off each time;

As far I can tell, the 'boot time defrag' was not executed;

Appreciate any advice... Thanks!

Hi tqlim,welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Try starting in safe mode and schedule a scandisk by entering chkdsk /F in an elevated command prompt.

Although it is not seen in your Public Profile, you seem to be using an old version of Smart Defrag if you are not talking about another defragmenter, as scandisk function in boot time defrag does not exist in the latest version of Smart Defrag 2.1 downloadable from Smart Defrag 2.1 is available! thread.

Cheers.

Hi Enoskype,

I believe you are right, SD on my 2nd Pc does Not have the chkdsk option.

Try F8 > Safe mode;

Loading drivers

Microsoft logo with the green progress bar (2~3 minutes)

Blank screen....

Any more suggestion? Thanks.

another attempt of system restore to an much earlier time works. :-D

Its SD beta 2.0

Scary... Overall ASC & SD still very good software, users need to be cautions especially with beta.

Thanks!

Archived