IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB3 and avg firewall

hi I play a lot of browser games and use game booster to speed things up for me, so I have to keep my firewall on at all times, so I started up GB3 and it stopped my firewall, luckily I spotted it or would have been on the web without protection, I had to close GB3 and change it so it didn't turn it off, and then everything was fine, but I would have thought that if someone has a firewall on, then GB wouldn't turn it off, what about those who don't know what to look for they could be using the web without protection if all they use GB for is to speed up their machines as I do with this older PC

Hi skemptor, welcome to Iobit Forum! :-D

The recently released GB3 Beta2 has whitelists, so check them if your firewall process/service are in them, if not you can add your firewall process/service into them.

They are @ : C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3

as

ProcessWhiteList.txt

and

ServiceWhiteList.txt

Cheers.

Yes I brought this issue up before that GB3 by default disables firewalls.

I myself think this should not be a default setting. There are more things out there on the internet then what comes through a browser.

Archived