IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF Feedback

Had been using IOBit 360.

Switched to IMF. Scans showed nothing.

After first upgrade, found 4 to 9 trojans, etc. in old files on each of 3 drives.

After complete scan of C & D, my ext USB2 HDD crashed the system instantly upon connection. It's in a combo enclosure, and the IEEE-1394 interface works. Can't fix the USB2 interface for HDD. Works fine for mem sticks, Activesync, scanner, etc.

Just upgraded to v 1.11 and did a smart scan. IMF is now complaining about a new copy of Activesync 4.5--another Trojan. I doubt it!

I suspect IMF screwed the USB2 interface.

• 9 months later...

More IMF Feedback

So, I believed that IMF was satisfied that these old backup files were clean. In fact they had been scanned, eventually, in USB2 enclosures with IMF and avast AV.

Now I have replaced my HDD's with larger capacity units, and moved my old files into the Windows box on a new drive on the ATA/IDE interface.

Surprise! Google tells me I "can't search for now, because this machine is sending too many requests!" Then Microsoft Security calls me and asks if I know that I have a "pirate machine" operating on the premises. And they want to help me fix it?!

No thanks.

So I scanned all drives with avast AV and IMF. AV found 31 problems, as old as ten years ago. IMF found 2 each, trojan:backdoor and trojan:dropper. All in the old files.

Q: Why do these applications find problems when scanning through ATA/IDE interface, that they miss, when scanning through USB2?

Archived