IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

hard drive enclosure issue

cbolek

Hi everyone:

I have a question that may sound a little strange but it's something that I'm a little concerned about, with regards to Advanced Windows Care.

I've heard is that AWC can potentially cause problems with data recovery if your Windows installation becomes corrupt. What I've been told is that, if you connect your hard drive to an enclosure (so you can browse it from another functional computer) and AWC had been used on that first computer, you will not be able to browse that drive.

I've heard this second hand from someone that I work with (the person who originally mentioned this has left our company for another job) and, while I've never ran into any serious problems, I'm a little concerned anyway.

I always backup my own computers religiously but I do help others with their computers who don't do the same. That being the case, I'd like to know if I'm possibly cutting off a potential avenue of data recovery, if their Windows installation ever becomes corrupted.

Any insights would be welcomed. I really do like AWC but I'd like to know what problems I may run into down the road with this and what the potential solutions are.

Hi cbolek,

I have done what you described couple of times and did not have any problems whatsoever, but it may have been a one time issue with a certain configuration.

I have not heard that from anybody using AWC before.

It will be interesting to investigate the prolem if you can get more info from that person.

Cheers.

Archived