IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

License info + custom service lists not working

I just installed GB3. During the process it uninstalled my GB2.4 premium. In GB3 it doesn't say whether it is premium or free anywhere and I can't find a place to enter or view my license code to check if it has carried over to the new version. Could someone explain how this works?

Also I updated the services list to include a few Windows Vista services which aren't switched off by default, including Windows Search, Program Compatibility Assistant and Windows Update. I also added the Apple Charger Service to the list. When I boost after updating the list these services are deactivated, but after using Restore, they disappear from the list. Why is this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi MattyD242, welcome to IObit Forum!

GB3 will not be needing a license, as it is build for only FREE version.

You can install GB2 and use your license untill the expiry date as Premium GB2 together with Free GB3.

Please give us a screenshot of [services_VISTA] part of Service.ini file. Make sure that all of the services (including the ones you have added) can be seen. EXAMPLE: 2 screenshots

Cheers.

Here are screenshots. The first two show my list of services with my additions at the end. I have highlighted the last service from the first screenshot for easy reference.

The second set of screenshots show the service list after I have used gaming mode then switched to normal mode, and repeated this process a couple of times.

As you can see, Windows Search Indexer and Windows Update have disappeared from the custom services list. Sometimes the other services I have added disappear also.

I have also noticed that Game Booster is restarting two instances of my printer driver program (caller64.exe) after switching to normal mode, instead of just one.

Thanks for your help.

Did you check ServiceWhiteList.txt, ProcessWhiteList.txt, and ProcessBlackList.txt @

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3 ?

BTW, in my service.ini, [services_VISTA] includes:

WSearch=0

It is in between WinRM=1 and W32Time=1 as below:

WinRM=1

WSearch=0

W32Time=1

Cheers.

I checked the whitelists and did not find any of the processes I added to my custom config.

I checked the service.ini file however and could not find WSearch=1 in the specified place within the Vista section. Game Booster fails to switch this service off (and also wuauserv the Windows Update service) when I boost, and removes it from my custom configs.

I even tried editing both files manually while not running Game Booster 3, and setting both files to 'read only', and they still changed back after I ran Game Booster. I think something related to the configuration mode in Game Booster 3 is causing it to revert back to the unedited list somehow.

same problems here.

Win 7 pro 64bit

i have tried to run gb3 as admin too, no results.

i have performed a search for thoes files and i think gb take infos by "C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3" path. i have put modified files (making care about type, txt - ini)...

if i click on "Edit" button on gb3, it open the files that i have modified, but in services config nothing has changed, and some services checked are running even after boost.

its a bug. or are there any DEF files who it load?

Archived