IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster PRO Beta1!

Hi masterblaster,

I don't think anybody from IObit is going to reply, so I will try.

GB PRO is for IObit partners only. IObit will not publicly release it in IObit website.

It will not replace GB3 Free, I think.

Once out of beta, it will be a paid version.

We will see if the existing valid licenses work!

Cheers.

I wish they would make up their minds. Free version, paid version, free version, paid version.

I very much appreciate the great programs offered by IOBIT but they sure don't have a clear marketing vision.

They should decide what they want to be and stay there. Telling customers they must pay for something then offering it free isn't good. Even worse is to tell them that they will need to pay again.

Again, thank's IOBIT for all of your great utilities. I use many of them are all are top notch. Now focus on marketing and be consistent.

Are you trying it on Windows 8?

The service.ini on my Windows 7 does not have [services_WIN8] listed in the service.ini.

Please reveal the versions of setup file and main executable and modified date of the setup file in properties .

Cheers.

Mine does.

I am running W7-64 and Windows 8 is listed in the Services.INI.

Gamebooster.exe = Ver 3.0.0.1298 - modified 9/30/2011 2:03 PM

Setup = Ver 3.0.0.0- modified 9/30/2011 2:03 PM

I really like this new version. It does everything I would like it to do and not too much. I hope they workout the free or pay issue. If they go back to pay I will not buy it due to how this was handled before.

I don't understand in settings/user interface what "Run with Game Booster" does?

When I select "Monitor Steam Games", GB3 no longer launches when I visit the forums from Steam (Good). When I run a Steam Game, GB3 launches (good) but doesn't automatically revert when I end the game (bad). I do not have "Monitor games launched by Game Booster" selected.

• 2 months later...

Hi Violator,

If you re-install GB PRO, FPS switch will work. (Rename GameBooster.exe to GameBoosterPRO.exe to keep both GB 3.2 and GB PRO together. Last install should be GB PRO for FPS switch to work.)

FYI, final version of GB PRO has not been released yet.

Cheers.

Hi Violator,

If you re-install GB PRO, FPS switch will work. (Rename GameBooster.exe to GameBoosterPRO.exe to keep both GB 3.2 and GB PRO together. Last install should be GB PRO for FPS switch to work.)

FYI, final version of GB PRO has not been released yet.

Cheers.

So you mean I should install them on top of each other?

Currently I got only Pro installed and running.

No, you should not, but yes, you could!!! 8-) :wink:

1- Install 3.2 first, rename Gamebooster.exe to GameBooster1.exe

2- Install Game Booster PRO Beta, rename Gamebooster.exe to GameBoosterPRO.exe

3- Create a shortcut on the desktop for GameBoosterPRO.exe

4- Rename GameBooster1.exe to GameBooster.exe

5- Create a shortcut on the desktop for GameBooster.exe

You can use both desktop (GB) shortcuts for different versions of Game Booster alternatively.

You can create "Switch to Gaming Mode" desktop shortcuts for both versions also, being GameBooster.exe and GameBoosterPRO.exe names different for relevant versions on the Target: line of the shortcuts in their properties.

FYI, I dare not to try running both simultaneously though. :razz:

Cheers.

No, you should not, but yes, you could!!! 8-) :wink:

1- Install 3.2 first, rename Gamebooster.exe to GameBooster1.exe

2- Install Game Booster PRO Beta, rename Gamebooster.exe to GameBoosterPRO.exe

3- Create a shortcut on the desktop for GameBoosterPRO.exe

4- Rename GameBooster1.exe to GameBooster.exe

5- Create a shortcut on the desktop for GameBooster.exe

You can use both desktop (GB) shortcuts for different versions of Game Booster alternatively.

You can create "Switch to Gaming Mode" desktop shortcuts for both versions also, being GameBooster.exe and GameBoosterPRO.exe names different for relevant versions on the Target: line of the shortcuts in their properties.

FYI, I dare not to try running both simultaneously though. :razz:

Cheers.

Think I just try to reinstall GB Pro after a clean uninstall of my current. :)

No need to have them both.

If the fps works with all DX versions it might even be cool to catch the stream via RivaTuner or C#, I currently use RT together with a selfmodded version of a G19 app (shows temps, fps, load on cpu threads, memory usage etc.

But for some games only fraps can show me the fps.

Archived