IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

3 suspected false positive cases

Hello,

Yesterday IObit MF detected the two following files after an executed & completed smart scan & I'm hereby quoting its scan report:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 1.2.0.16

Define Version: 1064

Time Elapsed: 00:09:25

Objects Scanned: 51877

Threats Found: 2

Save Time: 17/10/2011 3:36:00

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Dropper, FILE, C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-PhotoPrint EX\CNEZUIRC.DLL, 4090015

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Users\dimitri\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Authorware Web Player\NP32ASW\webplr08\js32.dll, 4078411

The first is/was part of official Canon software (util Easy-PhotoPrint EX) for the MG5250 Pixma printer/scanner I bought some months ago. I'm quite sure this is a fase positive.

The second one is/was part of an update I've installed last week online. This might also be a false positive but I'm less sure and I'm no expert.

A third item was earlier (smart scan dated 21 Sep 2011) targeted as a Trojan.Generic & put in quarantine (where it still resides) by IObit MF: Quicktime's QTTask.exe. But I'm only informing you about it for the records. I've read up on this & it doesn't keep Quicktime from functioning properly so I don't need any further advice or expertise on this one.

I'm looking forward to your answers etc.

Thank you,

Dimi³.

Hi Dimitri, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Please update the definition version to 1070 latest as of today and scan again after taking them back from Quarantine/Ignore List to their original locations.

Please upload all those 3 files to IObit Cloud and VirusTotal and give the links of the reports in your next post here in this thread.

An IObit member will respond soon after.

Cheers.

EDIT: Definition version is updated to 1071 as of now, Oct. 18, 2011.

Archived