IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

help me get rid of toolbar, please!

braven

Since trying to update to new (free) verison somehow I got this:

Delinked address

[noparse]http://download.mybrowserbar.com/vkits/div1/685749/iobitToolbar.msi[/noparse]

which EST sees as:

a variant of Win32/Adware.Toolbar.Dealio application

I didn't mean to get the toolbar. don't see the toolbar on either firefox or IE but my virus program has gone WILD & will not stop alerting me of this.

I deleted uninstalled Advanced SystemCare but no help.

Please if you can advise me? Thanks. I've loved this product but no more!

Hi braven, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Most probably you have clicked the Accept button for the toolbar at the time of installation of ASC4.

If you don't want toolbar to be installed you should have clicked the Decline button before finishing installation.

You can use portable/standalone IObit Uninstaller 2.0 downloadable from IObit Uninstaller v2.0 Final is released! thread to totally uninstall the toolbar, which you will see in the Toolbars tab. If that specific toolbar is not listed, you can use forced uninstall option.

The toolbar will not be uninstalled automatically if you uninstall ASC4.

My suggestion is to continue loving ASC4. :wink: Latest version downloadable from Advanced SystemCare 4.2 (4.2.0.249) is updated on 10/17/2011 (4.2.0.1017) ! thread. Please don't forget to decline the toolbar installation before the installation finishes. :-)

Cheers.

Archived