IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Outlook Search Gone Sloooowwwwww

D L

I upgraded to ASC V5.0.0 and using the settings it came with scanned, deep cleaned etc., as most non-techy people would, expecting that ASC like most other programmes out there are pretty much 'fire and forget'. Silly me! Outlook searches which took minutes prior to ASC running now take 30 mins + to complete.

Reading other threads on here I have rolled back the pc to its pre-ASC state using the rescue function however the searches still take forever. Not really a happy bunny at the moment and wish I had not bothered paying for ASC as it has made things take even longer not speeded them up. Anyone got ideas how to speed things up (which was the point of buying ASC in the first place).

I have to say that (having read other threads on problems) if a programme like this flashes up something and calls it 'high risk' my automatic assumption is that it has found something which is a high risk to the computer if I don't let the programme fix it, not that it is a high risk to the functionality of the computer if it does get fixed which seems to be what 'high risk' means in the ASC world! ASC perhaps should think about this.

I am running windows 7, ms office enterprise 2007, have a pentium dual core T4300 2.1GHz chipset and 4GB ram, with over 120GB free space in my 250gb hard drive.

Thanks for any advice you can give, and please be gentle with me as I am not overly techy. Cheers.

Archived