IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB3 and Steam games

I have mine set to launch when I launch a game from steam. It does. But when Civ 5 asks how I woould like to run it as a DX 9 or DX 10 game it unloads GB3. How do I get around that?

See if you have another executable for Civ5. The executable you are selecting is launching the DX selection option and when you select it, it moves on to the real executable to run the game. GB3 thinks the game is over when the DX routine finishes. That's my guess as I don't have this game but I think I am correct.

Also if it's a Steam game, you may be able to add a launch option to automatically select the correct DX version which may help.

I personally have had problems launching Steam games and auto launching GB3. Sometimes it seems to work. Other times GB3 gets confused. I just run GB3, then the Steam game manually.

Archived