IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Long Time ASC Pro Customer, Unhappy.

Morawka

I have been a long time Advanced System Care Pro Customer for around 3 years. I've bought the software 3 times. I love the software, particularly the Registry cleaner, and Uninstaller.

I'm a IT Admin at a local hospital but i work on computers for friends and family using ASC to clean their machine.

I'm also a avid gamer. I play around 40 hours a week give or take.

My subscription ran out about 2 months ago, and i havent had the extra money to re-sub yet.

Here lately ASC has been getting very spammy. I'll be in a DoTA 2 video game, and all of the sudden ASC minimizes my game right in the heat of the battle, telling me i need to upgrade to pro. I did not even have ASC open or running in the background. This happened 2 times in the span of 15 minutes.

This is simply unacceptable. IOBIT please realize that some of your customers are gamers, and constant popups do not help sales at all. I would go as far as to say, they Hurt sales.

I've seen so many programs start off with a really polished and refined product. Nero for example, or Nortons, and McAfee AV. And Then You try these programs today, and they are full of bloatware. They are huge memory hogs and constantly tell you to upgrade, and interrupt whatever your doing on your computer.

I was so upset that i registered a new account on the forum, since my old forum account would not let me make any new threads.

IOBIT, you have a good thing going with your software, but popup reminders, plus reminders everytime you want to exit the program, dont give your customers a good impression at all.

Just feedback. Mods, Sorry if this is not in the right place. I tried several different forum categories and this is the only one i can post in.

To any free users out there, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for your time

(old forum account username: jasonelmore)

Here lately ASC has been getting very spammy. I'll be in a DoTA 2 video game, and all of the sudden ASC minimizes my game right in the heat of the battle, telling me I need to upgrade to pro. I did not even have ASC open or running in the background. This happened 2 times in the span of 15 minutes.

That's definitely not normal behavior. That's never happened to me — ever. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that you have some of your settings set to automatic. Do you have AutoCare or AutoUpdate enabled?

If you do, that could be the problem. Those features are only available with a paid-up license, and since your license has expired, they are no longer available to you. So now, whenever those sevices try to start at their scheduled times, instead of running, the program will simply give the Upgrade to Pro pop-up instead.

This is simply unacceptable. IOBIT please realize that some of your customers are gamers, and constant popups do not help sales at all. I would go as far as to say, they Hurt sales.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with ads and pop ups in free software. I do agree, though, that the pop ups shouldn't appear out of nowhere and ruin your gaming experience. That is unacceptable. However, if you turn off the automatic settings, I'm 99% sure that they will go away. :-)

IObit, you have a good thing going with your software, but pop-up reminders, plus reminders everytime you want to exit the program, don't give your customers a good impression at all.

I agree that you shouldn't see pop ups or ads on software that you've bought a license for. But on free software, though, how can you complain? :-? After all, it is free!

To any free users out there, what are your thoughts?

Honest answer? I think most free-software users are spoiled ingrates. (Please note that I said "most," not all. :-))

I'm truly at a loss as to why people have this sense of entitlement to ad-free free sofware. Companies don't owe anyone free software; free software isn't any sort of right. So I'm totally baffled when people complain about ads being in it and stuff like that. They should just be grateful that free software even exists in the first place.

How about trying to change the start option of Advanced SystemCare Service to Manual in services?

Other option to try could be to rename License.dat file in the main ASC folder to see if the behaviour changes.

I was so upset that i registered a new account on the forum, since my old forum account would not let me make any new threads.

(old forum account username: jasonelmore)

This is unusual, everything seems to be normal for that alias, please choose an alias that you want to use from now on, and I will try to make sure that it works.

Send me password of that account by PM, so I can check the user jasonelmore. You can change the password to your choise after it works.

Cheers.

Archived