IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Preventing MS Office viewed docs from deletion

highstream

v. 5.0.196 - Win 7/64. I ran Deep Scan twice today and both times it deleted my recently visited Office docs (e.g., Word), even after unchecking History Lists under Registry Fix-General and Office 2010 under Privacy Sweep. Had to do run two system restores and even then it picked those up the third time on auto operation before I had a chance to realize what was happening (I thought I had exited the app). Maddening. Nothing obvious in the Help files online. What's the way to prevent this from happening other than getting this app off my computer forever? Thanks,

I got a reply from elsewhere to uncheck Office Apps under Quick Care and Deep Care, and under Windows uncheck Recent Docs and Run History. That strikes me as a bit of overkill - why not just Office 2010 and Recent Docs, respectively? - but it did accomplish the goal.

Given the intracacies and implcations of the many different settings choices, I think the ASC Help Center could use some serious attention.

Archived