IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lost driver after Defrag complete ? can not Boot

Spain6969

2 days ago i talked a woman in Australia into downloading the IObit Defrag Explained to her how to use it. She turned everything off and started the program and set it to turn off the computer when complete, When she tried to boot the computer she got a message telling her that the program has deleted a driver and windows can not boot, Now i have used this program and past issues of it for 3 years or so and NEVER had a problem and i know 7 others and they have no problems it is good software, Can someone help me with this problem cause she thinks it is my fault LOL..I am thinking she turned off the computer during the process? I have read other threads and none like this i can find !

Hi Spain6969, welcome to Iobit forum! :grin:

I agree with you, never heard of a problem with a standard defrag by SD, there must have been some kind of an interuption during defragmentation, or a registry defragmentation at the same bootup, and perhaps even a boot time defragmentation at the same occasion.

Without knowing details of the OS and Computer, it is not possible to give suggestions indirectly.

The common suggestions could be a chkdsk /R command in command prompt , and/or running sfc /scannow in Run... box in Start menu.

Cheers.

Lost driver in Australia..lol

Her computer is a Pyron<spelling ?> And she is running Vista home premium, and from what i see when i Google Pyron they are running a 64 Bit system but she has no clue to the exact spec's and since she cannot Boot it is a problem I cannot solve she says she has no idea if they gave her the back up disk or not .Thanks for the reply ill pass it on to her !...spain6969

Archived