IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC V5 and SSD's

marillion

Hello

I am new to the forum and would be grateful if someone could offer up some advice on ASC 5.

I have always used ASC since back in the days when it was AWC.

I first discovered it in a free disc from a PC gaming mag that, alas, has sinced vanished, when I had my first Pentium 3 PC.

It has been with me through Pentium 4, Intel Dual core, and now my AMD phenom II build.

I have had the free versions and also the pro and beta versions and never had any issues and each new release is always better and more user friendly.

Any way enough of this nostalga, I'll cut to the chase :roll:

My latest upgrade is a kingston V+100 128 GB SSD (yes I know it is only satta II but so is my Mobo and not only was it dirt cheap, I have no plans or funds for upgrading to sata III for at least 12 months)

I know it is not advisable to defrag a SSD so I am a bit worried about using ASC 5 on it, I know also you can manually bypass the defrag but is there a safety measure in the software to stop you making a mistake and running defrag.

Any advice, tips or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Marillion <----Old prog rock fan ;-)

Hi Marillion, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Open Settings window by clicking More and then clicking Settings... in the menu.

Go to Deep Care and click Disk Defragment on the left pane, put a check mark in the checkbox of "Don't derag Solid State Disk". Click Apply, click OK buttons on the right pane. That's it.

Also untick the checkbox in Deep Care for Disk Defragment (Defrag hard disk to improve PC performance.) for extra precaution.:wink:

Cheers.

Archived