IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster 3 strange behavior with just one game

I used to use Game Booster a lot but then after installing my OS again it I didn't for a period. I actually had the pro version.

I have now installed it again and it works very well except for one game that when I quite it, GB3 automatically reverts out of gaming mode back to regular mode. Unfortunately, I don't want it to do that, I want to simply switch from one game to another.

The game in question is Race 07 by Sim Bin, A racing simulator. Simbin also made GTR2 (and the upcoming GTR3) and other games are based on the same engine.

The fact is that something is strange with race07 specifically. Let me start ffrom the top:

1) Yesterday after quitting Race 07 for the first time since installing GB3 I noticed that it started launching all my processes again.

2) Today, I made sure to launch GB3 in manual mode, without using the Gamebox. When I quite other games, such as pCARS or GTR2, nothing happened, so I launched Race07 but when I quite it, once again it exited game mode.

3) I went to look for Race07 icon in the game box but it wasn't there, so I tried adding it manually bit I can't.I select the EXE but there is nothing in the game box.

4) Race 07 is actually a "steam" game. The others aren't. I don't have many Steam games, so maybe it is steam doing that, but interestingly, I am not quitting steam.

What I would like to do is this: Simply being able to quite race 07 without having GB3 switch out of game mode.

Is there anything I should try to do? Thank you.

Hi cconti, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

How is your settings chosen for Monitor steam games (Switch to gaming mode when steam game is launched for PRO) under General in Settings window when you open Settings window clicking on tools figure on top right of the main GB GUI?

See if toggling it does what you want.

Cheers.

Archived