IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't defrag/analyze if second sata2 HDD installed

If I boot up with just 1 sata2 HDD installed(WD 160Gb AAJS, C: and D: partitions)smart defrag runs without a problem. When I install a second sata2 HDD(Samsung F1 640Gb)it gets stuck analyzing.

Same thing happens with other defrag programs (O&O, perfectdisk...) as well.

Tried without firewall/antivirus running and changed HDD's to different sata ports.

Hi TheOak,

Did you check disked the second sata (Samsug) drive with "chkdsk /R "? There may be a bad sector. It will take very long time for 640GB though.

Hi,

Haven't checked the drive but I've tried analyzing just one partition at a time and the program(s) still gets stuck.

If I disconnect the Samsung HDD I can defrag and optimize the Western Digital 160Gb drive (partitions C: and D:) in aprox 1 hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem

Just installed SmartDefrag Version 1. I have two SATA drives running under XP. SmartDefrag will operate on second drive - both defrag only and optimise; but appears to stop after analysing the first (C:) drive. The "Stop" button puts it into a "Stopping" state for the drive but this status never changes!

Archived