IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Upgrading!!!

enoskype

It may not be a very good idea to advice to upgrade to Vista for all older Laptop and/or Notebook users unless they have the original Windows setup CD for that specific Windows OS.

Most of the Laptops from known manufacturers (specially the old ones we are talking about) have special software and uncompatible drivers, which could be lost during the upgrade. (specifically PCMCI.)

FYI, I do use one of my Vista Ultimate on a Vista ready Notebook by a very well known manufacturer, so I know that issue :evil: by heart.

On the other hand, there are quite a number of people downgrading their original Vistas to XP if they find the original Setup CD for XP.

BTW, I don't want to discuss which one to use, being a user of both OSs, as I am at the same distance to both of them. :roll:

Since this is not the section for these arguments, I will move the future posts about this subject to its proper destination.

Cheers.

Upgrading to Vista is never an easy to consume and digest of a feat.

I have a full size machine. And, it is 4 and half years old. I have upgraded all of my drivers first, before upgrading to Vista Home Basic Edition(Had to use, three times over and over, the Vista compatibility's upgrade assistant/agent).

Took me a whole year and, over a thousand hours of deep thoughts of analysis', in order to finally get the whole gradual and steady but sturdy climb to that right to upgrade to Vista Home Basic Edition.:idea:

I really do think, by my 20+ years at using a home PC, that you have to give your machine some time to digest the awesome amount of updates and upgrades that it gets in so little time. Believe me, I do know the frustration that comes with continuously updating my software apps./drivers. Windows Vista Home Premium was an upgrade to my previous Basic Edition one. When you get to see about 4, 5 or, even 6 programs being highlighted in Orange, it is time to let your machine at least a whole week before you get to use these apps. or, making any more updates or upgrades. Today's machines do not have this adapt and adjust itself problem. The older ones start to feel what us, humans, really feel about this updating and upgrading at a way too fast pace as today's pace. These old ones, are becoming more alive than ever. They do have a short lived life of their own, now. Functioning and working at least 12 hours a day, non stop does wear anyone or anything off really, really, fast. Just like us, humans. After all, these 'machines' are our creations due to our lazy-bum like behaviour of not willing to work hard for everything we all need to for our own lives. Uh-Oh! I do sound like a Sunday Church preacher doing his weekly sermon. Better stop here.:lol:

:wink:

Archived