IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Boost meter stops slightly before the end [FIXED]

Hi, when you run the boost, is it supposed to stop literally RIGHT before it finishes? When it does this, nothing happens when I click the top buttons and the program itself won't close if I hit the corner X button, or close it from right-click. Only way to close it is from ending the process from WTM. But when I reopen it after that, I THEN see the results and everything looks to be ok.

Whether I do it from the "Game Box" mode or "Boost" mode, neither matters as neither solves it. So I can never tell if this is actually on or not. Am I doing it right or is something wrong? Thanks.

EDIT: I've used the Game Booster 3.4 and 3.5 beta versions and both behave the same.

Hi richmo10, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

There may be a permission problem for one of the processes.

Since you are using XP, please try to use (with great care reading the notes on the download page.) Dial-a-fix to solve if there is a permission problem.

Have you ever thought upgrading at least your XP to sp3?

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am having the exact same problems as the OP except that I am using Windows 7 64bit.

I nonstop have problems with permissions on this machine, is that likely the cause for this OS, too?

Any advice would be appreciated. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, deleted the folder, left it alone, all the while having to fight permissions to even do that much.

"You do not have permission... you must get it from yourself" - yes, that's right my user doesn't have permission and must retrieve permission form the same exact user. wtf mate.

EDIT: I should also mention that I've been mucking about with "Windows Ultimate tool" or whatever it calls itself. It's like powertools for windows 98. Anyways, there are options in this program to disable aero features while maintaining transparency and I have enabled this function. Not sure if that's relevant.

Well after being so frustrated with permissions and whatnot, I decided to simply pull the rug out from underneath Trusted Installer and envoke my own reign where, I alone, reign supreme!

As a result Game Booster now works as intended.

However, since this "method" is far from recommended practice so it would still be nice if anyone out there understands what is happening.

• 1 month later...

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:

For some services, and programs, user elevation is needed. If when running GameBooster, you do not receive a User Account Control window with a Yes/No prompt, or a password prompt just to run gamebooster, then right click the gamebooster icon on your desktop and choose properties.

On the properties window, click the compatibility tab, and check the bottom box to run with administrator rights. This should resolve most or all permissions issues that require elevated rights in windows Vista, and windows 7.

hope this helps!

Archived