IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB 3.5b Reboot Problem

If my computer crashes while I'm in Boosted mode, when I reboot the computer, and then launch GB, I have to exit boosted mode, even though it's not boosted, before I can boost my system.

Shouldn't GB reset itself to NOT be in boosted mode on a system reboot, rather than launching into boosted mode, even though the system IS NOT boosted?

Hi Yinepuhotep,

It reads the .ini file, and that file is in the state before the crash. That's needed if one prefers to start the GB boosted on the start.

So, if there is a crash, you have to un-boost GB and then Boost to regulate the status of Game Booster to a normal state.

Cheers.

Re-reading the thread, I realized I wasn't clear when I described the problem.

Here's the problem:

Windows crashes (It's Windows. This is a given.)

You reboot Windows. Then you start Game Booster (whether manually or in your start up programs). Game Booster tells you that it's in Boosted mode. Now the weird thing is, your system is NOT boosted, but Game Booster THINKS it's boosted. So, in order to be able to USE Game Booster, you have to tell it to UN-boost, which means Game Booster tries to load a SECOND COPY of all the programs that are already running, because it THINKS it unloaded those programs.

THEN you can load and run Game Booster normally. Assuming Windows didn't crash because Game Booster tried to load a second copy of all the services, operating system programs, utilities, etc. that it thought it had unloaded, but were actually NOT unloaded.

What you really need is for the boost file to be separate from the .ini file, so that when you load Game Booster and it sees a boost file, it can delete it and not run the risk of crashing Windows by claiming that it had boosted the system when the system is actually NOT boosted.

Archived