IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto defrag non-system drives too ?

Eddy

Hi,

2 feature requests:

- Add the feature to auto defrag not only the system drive but also other drives.

- Make the Smart Defrag main window resizable so that the window that shows the disk fragmentation (with the coloured squares) shows more detailed info.

Thanks !

Eddy

Auto defrag non-system drives too ?

I agree with your first proposal about Auto-defragging other disks as well!

There should be empty squares beside each of your disk c-z, so that you can check those disks, that you desire to be subject to auto-defrag.

Provided that the options:

- Automatic defrag

- Pause autodefrag, when the usage of resources exceeds ..... %

- Autodefrag, when the system has been inactive in .... minutes!

have been checked, and regarding the two last options the .... have been settled by using the slides, the squares can be numbered with a priority order 1,2,3,4....etc!

When you know that you intend to work a lot with disks J and K, you can:

number the disks as follows:

1. C-drive ( Note, that this disk get always heavy fragmented, at reboots etc. )

2. J-drive

3. K-drive

The second proposal I agree to as well:

- Make the Smart Defrag main window resizable so that the window that shows the disk fragmentation (with the coloured squares) shows more detailed info.

But I think the Legend should be extended to two or three lines:

Analysis:

Defrag/Optimize:

or

Analysis:

Defrag:

Optimize:

The reasons for this is that the existing legend has colors, that match Analysis only! When Defragging and Optimizing the screen and the blocks will be shaded, so that the colors of the blocks do not match the colors of the existing legend!

Auto defrag non-system drivers too?

I want to add a third Suggestion:

3.) The Automatic Defrag should be supplemented with another option for the disks concerned:

The selected disks for autodefrag should have a field, where you can put a percentage figure representing the accepted percentage of fragmentation of the disk! When the percentage of fragmentation exceeds the percentage, automatic defrag should start considering the priority order:

I the previous example:

1. C-drive 1 %

2. J-drive 3 %

3. K-drive 5 %

Archived