Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Laptop Only Has An SSD - Is Your Product Suitable For Me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Laptop Only Has An SSD - Is Your Product Suitable For Me?

Is your Smart Defrag Pro software intended for users with systems that do not have an HDD? The flash cells have a limited life span and I want to minimize any unnecessary writes. I'm told TRIM is important for SSDs and I should forego defragmentation. Did I receive outdated information? I don't see a TRIM only box or button. Can I use your product for TRIM only and not use defragging? I received Smart Defrag 5.7.1 bundled with other IObit software and I'm just deciding what to keep/not use.

***update*** I see how to change the local disk from HDD to SSD and now have TRIM enabled.
    Last edited by Babaghan; Dec. 8th, 2017, 23:09.

The Smart Defrag Pro does extend itself for the SSD. I have Seagate 250GB as my main Windows OS. I use smart defrag once every 2 months but most SSD do come with TRIM intergraded.

Comment

Hi there,

Smart Defrag supports to trim SSD. If you don't want to install IObit recommended products, you can just untick them to install.

Cheers.
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
      X